Embedding Multiple Spreadsheets in HTML for TM1web

alimurat
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10 2 2 FP3
Excel Version: 2010

Embedding Multiple Spreadsheets in HTML for TM1web

Post by alimurat »

I've been trying to embed multiple spreadsheets (3-4) using iframe into an HTML file and view them in a single screen in TM1web. One of and the main reason for trying to do this is the performance issues we're facing while trying to load the data into a single spreadsheet from several cubes in TM1 and also trying to write back to TM1. Current spreadsheet uses a lot of data validation, drop down values that are dynamically populated driven by user security.

Using iframe only allows us to embed files in html format and by doing that we lose functionality of the spreadsheet. Anyone here tried to embed multiple spreadsheets and were able to keep TM1web functionality? If so how?

Thanks in advance...
LoadzaGrunt
Version: LoadzaVersions
Excel Version: LoadzaVersions

Re: Embedding Multiple Spreadsheets in HTML for TM1web

Post by LoadzaGrunt »

I've been trying to embed multiple spreadsheets (3-4) using iframe into an HTML file and view them in a single screen in TM1web.
Did you publish your custom HTML page as an 'application' ? Otherwise I don't see why you would be trying to use TM1 Web.
Using iframe only allows us to embed files in html format and by doing that we lose functionality of the spreadsheet. Anyone here tried to embed multiple spreadsheets and were able to keep TM1web functionality? If so how?
If you are using the TM1 Web URL API correctly, then it is possible to have four websheets in four iframes in one custom page. What you won't get is the TM1 Web 'wrapping' without further effort.
alimurat

Post by alimurat »

Did you publish your custom HTML page as an 'application' ? Otherwise I don't see why you would be trying to use TM1 Web.
No, actually I used it as a home page for users by changing the webconfig file.
If you are using the TM1 Web URL API correctly, then it is possible to have four websheets in four iframes in one custom page. What you won't get is the TM1 Web 'wrapping' without further effort.
Do you have any examples you can share? I tried going through TM1 developer documentation, but couldn't figure it out...
LoadzaGrunt

Post by LoadzaGrunt »

I actually found the reference material on the TM1 URL API helpful. This was a pleasant suprise as sometimes TM1 documentation can be a little underwhelming.

I that when developing with the TM1 Web URL API, it's best to start off slowly with a simple requirement like just getting one page with one websheet, or one cubeview, up and running.
alimurat

Post by alimurat »

After going through the documentation(again) got it to work last night... I'm a happy camper :)
nicola531
Version: 9.5.1
Excel Version: 2007

Post by nicola531 »

I've got the same issue but actually i haven't found yet a solution.
I haven't understood what you're talking about? what is Iframe? could you give pls me and input in order to understand where to find a possible solution to fix this prob?

thanxs in advance,

Nicola
LoadzaGrunt

Post by LoadzaGrunt »

I haven't understood what you're talking about? what is Iframe? could you give pls me and input in order to understand where to find a possible solution to fix this prob?
You could start by teaching yourself HTML:
http://www.w3schools.com/html/default.asp
nicola531

Post by nicola531 »

Txs!!! :)

it works ....

I teached myself it !!:)
nicola531

Post by nicola531 »

Hello,

I've got a question again if you can.
I've done this htm page with two iframes. Each iframe contains one cubeview.
Whe from archietect, under my application try to launch the htm file it works and it shows me the two file in one html file.
But when I got to Tm1Web and i try to run it open it but after a second it appers a message that says "The action was aborted".
Why I'm not able to do it?
Is it a problem of security?

Any idea?

Nicola
nicola531

Post by nicola531 »

sorry the actual message is "the thread was being aborted"

thnaks in advance for any help