PAW installation in Centos Linux or Windows Server 2012

mrd007
OLAP Product: Planning Analytics 2
Version: TM1 Planning Analytics
Excel Version: Excel 2016

PAW installation in Centos Linux or Windows Server 2012

Post by mrd007 »

Hi

Trying to install Planning Analytics for Proof of Concept purposes....I do not have Windows Server 2016....but have 2 alternative approach that at every stage hits a road block...

PAW on Centos and TM1 System on Host Windows
I am trying to install PAW in a Centos VMWare with the main TM1 application in the host system running Windows 10 Home (ie my laptop..Do not have Windows Pro). No problem with the installation except always....PAW...specifically TM1 Gateway URL (see attached image).

Have done the following
- sudo service docker start
- Ran ./Script/paw.sh - All loaded up-to-date no errors. At times TM1 Gateway has error but is fine after stop and rerun.
- Reviewed ./Config/paw.env parameters...they look ok
- Have sudo installed docker and docker-compose

Could the problem be some PEM file that i needed to copy from the host system to PAW in linux for SSH ? I suspect it probably is caused by some SSH parameters or files to copy.....sick of going around in circle.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (132.85 KiB) Viewed 5166 times

Windows Server 2012 Approach
Tried an alternative approach by installing the whole thing in Windows Server 2012 VMWare (since i do not have WS 2016)....but encountered errors where "ConnectEx tcp: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it" and it always creates another Host-Only Adapter from the one that is already there after replicating the Default Virtual Box into PAW Virtual Box......but it does not work !!
I have installed on Docker ToolBox 17.06.2-ce...not Docker for Windows (installation does not work for that version or latest version)

PAW is a real bit#h that disappointingly became your wife !!!...typical IBM installation process !!

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated....
David Usherwood
Site Admin

Re: PAW installation in Centos Linux or Windows Server 2012

Post by David Usherwood »

A possibility - I got caught out getting Centos 8 from Centos themselves - but it turns out that only Centos 7 is supported. Sure this is documented somewhere :roll:
I have run PAW on Centos 7 within Windows 10 Pro using both VMWare (Player) and (briefly - not a good experience) Hyper-V, connecting to PA (TM1 Server) on the host. Only light use but it all worked.
HTH
declanr
MVP
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: PA2.0 and most of the old ones
Excel Version: All of em

Post by declanr »

Noticed that it’s only your app gateway that has failed.
Have you done the install using the latest PA software that has web as a separate install?
If so by default both web and app server run on port 9510; which means starting one stops/causes issues with the other. If so easiest thing to do is change the app server port in the IBM configuration tool (and of course allow the new port through the firewall.)
Declan Rodger
mrd007

Post by mrd007 »

I really appreciate the help from you guys...both of you....wasted a few days trying to figure out why the installation did not work.

i am using Centos 7 but not on Win10 Pro (Win10 Home). Being a solo independent TM1 developer/contractor...you do not get the support and/or the best and latest of Planning Analytics installer (using an earlier version)...where web and PAW are not separate installer. One installer for the TM1 system including TM1 Web in the host environment (Windows 10 Home) and the PAW on Centos 7.

Tried also in Win Server 2012 (VMWare) but hit the usual roadblock as per my earlier message....

Irritatingly, my last few projects are with clients who have be slow to upgrade to Planning Analytics despite my constant pressure. I need to install and figure it out....do not want to support what i cannot install....
David Usherwood
Site Admin

Perhaps IBM could sort out the dreadful mess they have made of the latest install? LTS version, my <unprintable>
mrd007

Post by mrd007 »

Did not understand your reply....thanks
David Usherwood
Site Admin

Apologies - I was responding to declanr's post about the clashing use of 9510 and the totally unnecessary, untested split of TM1Web for a release that was, amazingly, described as Long Term Support :)
mrd007

Post by mrd007 »

Still does not work using both approach...
hardstep
OLAP Product: TM1, EP, Powerplay, C8/C10
Version: 10.2
Excel Version: 2013

Post by hardstep »

Did you manage to fix this issue ?.
I have the same problem since upgrading to the latest version 2.0.9.3 and PAW SC57 (running on Centos7).
The TM1 server application server URI won’t connect despite changing ports from the default 9510.

I’ve installed the new spreadsheet services add on the same host server as TM1. I can connect via the web browser to it fine. From previous posts I’m guessing this new service is clashing with the old application server ?.
Any advice gratefully welcome !
Cheers
macsir
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PAL 2.0.9
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by macsir »

Did you check your log files in the PAW install folder? Any error msg from there?
In TM1,the answer is always yes though sometimes with a but....
http://tm1sir.blogspot.com.au/
declanr
MVP
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: PA2.0 and most of the old ones
Excel Version: All of em

Post by declanr »

hardstep wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:12 pm I’ve installed the new spreadsheet services add on the same host server as TM1. I can connect via the web browser to it fine.
Going back to basics here, can you use a browser to connect to the application server using the ports you have reassigned? e.g. http://myserver:myport/pmpsvc
Declan Rodger
hardstep
OLAP Product: TM1, EP, Powerplay, C8/C10
Version: 10.2
Excel Version: 2013

Post by hardstep »

Hi folks
I changed my TM1 application server gateway URI to : http://server:9910/pmpsvc
When I goto http://server:9910/pmpsvc i get a 404 not found error.
My C:\Program Files\ibm\cognos\tm1_64\webapps\pmpsvc\WEB-INF\configuration\fpmsvc_config.xml shows the new port config (9910).

Meanwhile back in PAW admintool, looking at Page 201 - of the install guide suggests that you can ignore the 404 error :
"This error is the result of an attempt to verify the presence of pmhub. As TM1 Web does not use pmhub,
you can dismiss this error and continue using your applications."

Which is fine but when I try to logon to PAW I get the *really* helpful : unexpected error has occurred
https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/unexp ... -workspace

Cheers