Michel Zijlema
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1, PALO
Version: both 2.5 and higher
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010

TM1 iWidgets in Internet Explorer

Post by Michel Zijlema »

Hi all,

I'm configuring a new installation consisting of Cognos Business Analytics 11.0.4 and TM1 10.2.2 (FP5), both on the same server. I'm trying to get the TM1 iWidgets working (legacy Cognos Workspace) and ran through the various configuration steps.
I'm now facing an issue that everything is working fine when I'm using Google Chrome as a browser, but that the TM1 iWidgets show up empty when using Internet Explorer (IE11).
So I can see the TM1 Server and application tree in the content pane and I can drag in a TM1 websheet or TM1 view into the workspace, but in IE the widget stay empty, while in Chrome (after a brief delay) the widget shows the content.
I've experimented with changing the IE privacy setting to Low, adding the server name to the Trusted Sites, switching off the Pop-up blocker, but I can't find anything to get this to work on IE.

Anyone encountered a similar issue and was able to solve this?

TIA, Michel
mvaspal
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: tm1
Version: 10 2 2 - 2.0.5
Excel Version: From 2007 to 2013

Re: TM1 iWidgets in Internet Explorer

Post by mvaspal »

Hi
Maybe try in Compatibility view, or IE10 Browser mode (F12 - Developer tools in IE).
That helped in case of tm1 ops console, I know this is totally different what you are doing but maybe worth a try?
Michel Zijlema
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1, PALO
Version: both 2.5 and higher
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010

Re: TM1 iWidgets in Internet Explorer

Post by Michel Zijlema »

mvaspal wrote:Hi
Maybe try in Compatibility view, or IE10 Browser mode (F12 - Developer tools in IE).
That helped in case of tm1 ops console, I know this is totally different what you are doing but maybe worth a try?
Hi mvaspal,

Thanks for this. I already tried compatibility mode with no success, but changing the Document mode to 10 under F12 Developer Tools indeed makes the contents show up in the widget. I'm now trying to find out whether/how I can change the default mode from Edge to 10...

Michel