JAVA Extension

yyround
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: MS 2010

JAVA Extension

Post by yyround » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:44 pm

Hi,

I followed the steps in this link to explore java extension. https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgece ... ions.html

when I tried to resart the server, i received "Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly" and service failed to restart. However Removing the newly created java extensions file will resolve it, do you know why? I noticed that uner the same location of my javeextensions.policy file, there is another one called "javeextensions1.policy", does it matter?

Regards
YY

EvgenyT
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: Cognos TM 1
Excel Version: 2013

Re: JAVA Extension

Post by EvgenyT » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:05 pm

Hi Mate,

As far as I know this has been depreciated in PA.
Based on your profile you are on 10.2.2, but given its going out of support in the near future, I would not be investing my time into Java Extensions.
Rest API is the way forward. There are open-source Python wrappers available online that leverage Rest API. Python has a great library of statistical, financial functions etc, I assume that's what you are after.

Regards,

Evgeny

yyround
OLAP Product: TM1
Excel Version: MS 2010

Post by yyround » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:26 am

Thanks EvgenT,

The problem is we are not going to move to PA anytime soon and we need to deliver something within a few months that requires the statistical ad finacial functions.

Also we are not familar with Python but used Java before so thought we will give it a try.

Regards
Y

David Usherwood
Site Admin

Post by David Usherwood » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:51 pm

You are in luck then - the REST API has been around since 10.2.something. I suggest you look at TM1PY as a well supported and functional Python library for TM1.