Hey everyone, thanks again for all of the interest and great feedback I've been receiving so far! I can see there is definitely an interest here, and I plan on seeing how far we can take this project. Let's dig into the details:
What is this project
TM1Code (name subject to change) is a Visual Studio Code extension that leverages the TM1 Rest/VS Code APIs to bring a more native coding experience to the TM1 development space. This project is built on top of concepts and ideas from other projects, and is largely driven by community feedback and needs. TM1Code is and always will be free.
What is the scope of the project
Great question - we're still figuring that out. As of right now TM1Code aims to do the following:
- Rule editing and saving
- TI editing and saving
- Git integration
- Code snippets for rules and TIs
- Intellisense for rules and TIs
- Cube viewer - with the ability to embed browsers into VS Code, the TM1Web API could be used to display cube data (in theory at least)
- RSS feed from tm1forum - I believe I can get what I need with the "/feed.php" return, but may need to work with the mods on this one
- Some form of linter for rules and TIs
- Anything else anybody would like to see
A rolling list of people who have contributed code or ideas (let me know who I missed): Christoph, CarpeDatum for tm1helper - the base of the language files, Edward Stuart, ykud
See attached for screenshot placeholders. These will be cycled out as development progresses.
Also see the next post for rolling development updates.