Michel Zijlema
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1, PALO
Version: both 2.5 and higher
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010

make websheet repeating row headers visible

Post by Michel Zijlema » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:13 am

Hi all,

I'm struggling with an active form where I have a number of stacked dimensions making up the row header and where I want to see the element names on every row, also when the element is repeating on consecutive rows. Default behavior in active forms is that these repeating row headers are not shown (font same color as background). I haven't found a setting/parameter that you can use to switch this behavior on/off.
What I tried is to use conditional formatting - this is working in Excel, but not in TM1Web - see pictures below (forget about the red boxes on the product dimension - these are no repeating elements as the element selections on the left side dimensions are different).
AF_RowRepeat_excel.JPG
AF in Excel
AF_RowRepeat_excel.JPG (178.77 KiB) Viewed 3161 times
AF_RowRepeat_web.JPG
AF in TM1Web
AF_RowRepeat_web.JPG (82.77 KiB) Viewed 3161 times
Does someone know how to get this working in TM1Web?

Michel

lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: make websheet repeating row headers visible

Post by lotsaram » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:41 am

Michel Zijlema wrote:Does someone know how to get this working in TM1Web?
Which version of TM1 Web? In 9.4 and 9.5 the conditional formatting didn't get carried down below the 1st row of the active form.
A work-around that always works is just to hide the TM1RptRow columns and insert additional columns whose values simply equal those hidden row headers and format these however you want.

I agree it would be good to have an argument in the TM1RptRow formula to display or hide the repetitive values, the default functionality isn't always what you want.

Michel Zijlema
Site Admin

Post by Michel Zijlema » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:56 am

lotsaram wrote:
Michel Zijlema wrote:Does someone know how to get this working in TM1Web?
Which version of TM1 Web? In 9.4 and 9.5 the conditional formatting didn't get carried down below the 1st row of the active form.
A work-around that always works is just to hide the TM1RptRow columns and insert additional columns whose values simply equal those hidden row headers and format these however you want.
Thanks for that Lotsa - that work-around is working for me. I'm on TM1 10.1.1 BTW.
lotsaram wrote:I agree it would be good to have an argument in the TM1RptRow formula to display or hide the repetitive values, the default functionality isn't always what you want.I agree it would be good to have an argument in the TM1RptRow formula to display or hide the repetitive values, the default functionality isn't always what you want.
This was exactly the place where I was expecting a parameter for this...

Michel

Michel Zijlema
Site Admin

Post by Michel Zijlema » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:18 am

Resurrecting this thread from the dead...
I noticed this technote from IBM, which states that conditional formatting should be working in both Excel and TM1 Web from 10.2.2 FP1 onwards:
To see the hidden text in Excel you can change the color of the font by using a conditional format on the outer rows to override the default setting. This formatting on merged headers was previously not allowed in TM1 Web.
Michel

gtonkin
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PAL 2.0.3
Excel Version: 2016 64-bit

Post by gtonkin » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:28 pm

You could also try adding conditional formatting to the TM1RptRow formula related cells in the format range with a CF formula of: =TRUE
Set the font to black/automatic or whatever you need. Assuming no bugs in the version, this has worked for me.