Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2013

Make lines between cells in Application web more distinct

Post by EP_explorer » Wed May 15, 2013 1:54 pm

I don't like how lines look between cells in Application Web

See the picture
09.JPG
09.JPG (9.86 KiB) Viewed 2284 times
Is it posible to do it more distinct (change colour and so)?

jim wood
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: TM1 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2007

Re: Make lines between cells in Application web more distinc

Post by jim wood » Wed May 15, 2013 4:12 pm

Format the excel sheet differently maybe?
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Application Consulting Group (ACG) TM1 Consulting

foogy
Version: 10.2.2 FP6
Excel Version: 2016

Post by foogy » Wed May 15, 2013 7:21 pm

jim wood wrote:Format the excel sheet differently maybe?
No, the grid in TM1 Application Web is not related to some Excel WebSheets and thus has no option for formatting. You may embed a WebSheet in TM1 Applications, but the screenshot clearly shows a generic Cube view.

EP_Explorer, the only chance I can imagine at the moment is to override the default stylesheets and thus bring some custom colors and formats into your grid. This will affect the TM1 Applications framework in general, so all of your applications are changed automatically.

If played around with TM1 Application stylesheets already and usually I used my browser's developer console to figure out the source CSS file for each style of all HTML element I wanted to change. There is no official "skinning" feature for TM1 Applications as far as I found out.

Also keep in mind that any FixPack or new release might destroy all of your changes, so keep a backup somewhere.

May be it's not worth it at all. High effort for limited customization options of the user interface - it's hard to find someone who's paying for such an expensive "nice to have" feature.

By the way, your screenshot looks like you have defined some artificial numbering dimension as row dimension. Is that supposed to imitate a row-based data entry mask, i.e. a relational/record based structure within a multidimensional architecture?

Regards,
foogy

jim wood
Site Admin
Version: TM1 10.2.2

Post by jim wood » Wed May 15, 2013 7:27 pm

To be fair Foggy in the original question he didn't define whether it was within a view or an excel web sheet. I didn't see any mention of version of the software or server software either. My glib out of hand answer was in reply to a glib out of hand question. You assumed certain things. EP_Explorer should read the "Request for Assistance Guidlines" http://www.tm1forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1037 before posting questions in the future.
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Application Consulting Group (ACG) TM1 Consulting

stex2727
Version: 9.4

Post by stex2727 » Wed May 15, 2013 9:54 pm

foogy wrote:EP_Explorer, the only chance I can imagine at the moment is to override the default stylesheets and thus bring some custom colors and formats into your grid. This will affect the TM1 Applications framework in general, so all of your applications are changed automatically.
And mores the pity as this lack of customisation can really kill some of the nice formatting options available in websheets. Be careful with ever using White as a font as the default view for someone without ownership is a mixture of white and grey and you end up with a few areas of white text on a white background. Before people take ownership it looks like a piece of Yoko Ono's artwork.

Stex

Andy Key
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1 CX
Version: 2-5 to 10-2-x
Excel Version: 2003 2007 2010 2013

Post by Andy Key » Thu May 16, 2013 2:30 am

Also be aware that if you do hack the CSS files, (which now seems to be IBM's recommended approach as per this IBM Technote) then any changes you make to these files are likely to get overwritten the next time you apply any sort of upgrade to TM1. So keep a copy of the updated file so you can re-apply the changes later. At least as this is now a documented way of doing this, IBM can't turn round and say you are making unsupported changes to the source files if you later have a problem with TM1Web.
Andy Key

foogy
Version: 10.2.2 FP6
Excel Version: 2016

Post by foogy » Thu May 16, 2013 4:42 am

Andy Key wrote:At least as this is now a documented way of doing this, IBM can't turn round and say you are making unsupported changes to the source files if you later have a problem with TM1Web.
I would'nt go that far after reading the IBM note. They describe a very specific change to a single CSS file for a very specific requirement. It does'nt read to me like a "do what ever you want, customer" ticket. But if adaption to your own corporate identity is a requirement, there is no other way around this anyway. At least in the current release - may be future releases bring some skinning support as known from Cognos BI.

Btw: instead of changing the original CSS files I added a new CSS file to the respective .aspx files as last entry in the HTML <header> tag. This .css includes all my customizations. This approach is rather central than adapting a couple of .css files delivered by IBM.

foogy

EP_explorer
Regular Participant
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2013

Post by EP_explorer » Thu May 16, 2013 6:28 am

Andy Key wrote:Also be aware that if you do hack the CSS files, (which now seems to be IBM's recommended approach as per this IBM Technote) then any changes you make to these files are likely to get overwritten the next time you apply any sort of upgrade to TM1. So keep a copy of the updated file so you can re-apply the changes later. At least as this is now a documented way of doing this, IBM can't turn round and say you are making unsupported changes to the source files if you later have a problem with TM1Web.
Yes it works. Thank you