JAVA Extension

yyround
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: MS 2010

JAVA Extension

Post by yyround » Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:44 pm

Hi,

I followed the steps in this link to explore java extension. https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgece ... ions.html

when I tried to resart the server, i received "Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly" and service failed to restart. However Removing the newly created java extensions file will resolve it, do you know why? I noticed that uner the same location of my javeextensions.policy file, there is another one called "javeextensions1.policy", does it matter?

Regards
YY

EvgenyT
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: Cognos TM 1
Excel Version: 2013

Re: JAVA Extension

Post by EvgenyT » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:05 pm

Hi Mate,

As far as I know this has been depreciated in PA.
Based on your profile you are on 10.2.2, but given its going out of support in the near future, I would not be investing my time into Java Extensions.
Rest API is the way forward. There are open-source Python wrappers available online that leverage Rest API. Python has a great library of statistical, financial functions etc, I assume that's what you are after.

Regards,

Evgeny

yyround
OLAP Product: TM1
Excel Version: MS 2010

Post by yyround » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:26 am

Thanks EvgenT,

The problem is we are not going to move to PA anytime soon and we need to deliver something within a few months that requires the statistical ad finacial functions.

Also we are not familar with Python but used Java before so thought we will give it a try.

Regards
Y

David Usherwood
Site Admin

Post by David Usherwood » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:51 pm

You are in luck then - the REST API has been around since 10.2.something. I suggest you look at TM1PY as a well supported and functional Python library for TM1.

Drg
OLAP Product: tm1
Version: 10.2.0 - 10.3.0
Excel Version: 2010

Post by Drg » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:14 am

EvgenyT wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:05 pm
Hi Mate,

As far as I know this has been depreciated in PA.
Based on your profile you are on 10.2.2, but given its going out of support in the near future, I would not be investing my time into Java Extensions.
Rest API is the way forward. There are open-source Python wrappers available online that leverage Rest API. Python has a great library of statistical, financial functions etc, I assume that's what you are after.

Regards,

Evgeny
Where did you get this information?
Java Extension work in PA
Yes, they do not expand more as the Architect, Perfomance Modeller, cpp api, and other. But all this products still work.

David Usherwood
Site Admin

Post by David Usherwood » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:35 am

From what I can see there were deprecation notices issued for the JavaTI extensions but they have disappeared:
Deprecation of Java TI (local only) - IBM
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgece ... _depn.html
Local only IBM Planning Analytics Local 2.0.6 is the last release with support for Java TI.
But the link fails:
The requested resource is not found: /support/knowledgecenter/SSD29G_2.0.0/com.ibm.swg.ba.cognos.tm1_cloud_mg.2.0.0.doc/pa_nf_javati_depn.html