Workspace - Synchronize Selection Widgets

declanr
MVP
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: PA2.0 and most of the old ones
Excel Version: All of em

Workspace - Synchronize Selection Widgets

Post by declanr » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:34 pm

In Planning Analytics Workspace I have a book with multiple cubes that I want to synchronize from a single widget on the front page for store/country.

Cubes which contain the store dimension should show the country and its children (stores).
Cubes which contain the country dimension should show the country element.

This is obviously a simple requirement. Currently I am achieving it by selecting the country in 2 separate widgets, one created from the country dimension and one created from the store dimension.

I want users to only have to select the country in 1 widget and then have a way of the other one knowing which has been selected, as far as I can tell there is no way to do that directly. I have tried playing about with a few things, such as the selection being made on a websheet in subnm for country, while a second subnm is automatically updated by a formula based on what was changed in the first one - problem here is when set to synchronize that behavior inside the websheet is overruled.

I feel like there must be an easy way to do this, has anyone done something similar?