It has been quite a while since I've been to this TM1 Forum and I'm quite happy to see that it's still alive and active
We're about to migrate this year our whole TM1 10.2.2 / TM1Web / EV platform toward TM1 11 / PAW / PAX and as we're building a brand new architecture, we're trying to find the best of breed to have something reliable and scalable.
We plan to have 5 kind of "boxes":
- Some Database servers: hosting only pure Business TM1 data. We'll have one Windows Server per "big" databases and "small" databases will be put together on a dedicated Windows server
- Authentication server: a specific TM1 Database used as a repository for all our TM1 instances (around 40) and users (around 800). It will be used to authenticate people accessing PAW. This instance will also, through REST API queries, check, on a daily basis, that there are no users declared direcly on the business databases and if so delete them as we want users to be declared in the central repository and deployed to the target databases through REST API queries
- Adminhost servers: hosting only adminhost software, named in a business way (Finance, Marketing....). Each Business TM1 Database will registered itself against one or more adminservers.
- PAW Servers: at least one per Business topic (Finance, Marketing...) but we may need to have mixed PAW servers (one for Finance and Marketing). Our issue here is how could we synchronize PAW views between PAW servers
- Remote App servers: It's the way we're already using it for version 10.2.2. We don't deploy anymore the client software on the user laptop but we give them access to a remote app (Perspectives, PAX) which runs on the server but from a user point of view seems to be installed on their laptop.
We had some trouble implementing our own security certificates and we felt quite alone to solve them all...
Are we the only one who don't rely on the default IBM certificates ?
We plan to put load balancing for remote desktop servers as well as for PAW servers. Does anybody do such a thing ?
We searching TM1/PAW customers with many TM1 servers and many TM1 users worldwide in order to see what was the choices you've made.
Feel free to ask if you've got questions about the above message, I'll be more than happy to answer.