Fix Pack Releases: PA2 / V11 Series

Alan Kirk
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA2.0.6 Classic(PAW-free zone)
Excel Version: 2010 and Office 365

Re: Fix Pack Releases: PA2 / V11 Series

Post by Alan Kirk » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:33 pm

It looks like I haven't been receiving some of the release updates. Maybe IBM just doesn't like me, though I can't imagine why that might be.

In any case I got the one for the newly released 2.0.6, and have updated the master post with all of the missing releases.

PAL 2.0.9.6 (16 Mar 2021)
Release Page.
Key Fixes
The fix list seems to consist of things that are (for the most part) more annoying than critical. For example disconnection issues with multiple instances of Excel (which I've always regarded as a "don't do that" situation), the password in TM1Web can be shorter than the one specified in the server config file, Cube Viewer showing a different number precision for a consolidation than you'd see in a slice. There are of course fixes for some issues that can cause a server crash, like when alternative leaf hierarchies were being deleted. The most critical is that single line feeders were only feeding the first element, not the subsequent ones.
New Features
Niente, nada, not a thing.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.

Alan Kirk
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA2.0.6 Classic(PAW-free zone)
Excel Version: 2010 and Office 365

Re: Fix Pack Releases: PA2 / V11 Series

Post by Alan Kirk » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:41 pm

Version 2.0.9.7 is now out.

PAL 2.0.9.7 (16 Apr 2021)
Release Page.

Key Fixes
The fix list consists of a mere 7 items which would be great if there were only 7 bugs, but I think we know that to be unlikely. Almost half of them relate to hierarchy issues:
  • Planning Analytics Workspace: rule values other then zero are shown as zero on n-level when hierarchies are involved;
  • Error using DimensionElementComponentAdd() when the element name exists in a hierarchy created on the same dimension;
  • Rule calculations referencing alternate hierarchy take unexpectedly long time even with feeders.
Departed Features
Two config items have been removed:
  • LockPagesInMemory, which related to servers under 64 bit Windows; and
  • MTQ.CTreeRedundancyReducer, which was disabled following stability issues described in Technote 886359
New Features
None.

File List
  • tm1_winx64h_2.0.97.6_ml.tar.gz (2.83 GB)
  • tm1client_winx64h_2.0.97.6_ml.tar.gz (820.02 MB)
  • tm1server_cd-linuxple64n-inst-11.8.00600.6-ml.tar.gz (637.49 MB)
  • tm1_zlinux64h_2.0.97.6_ml.tar.gz (2.39 GB)
  • tm1_linuxi38664h_2.0.97.6_ml.tar.gz (2.52 GB)
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.