Feeders problem

dilip
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.4
Excel Version: 2003

Feeders problem

Post by dilip »

I have 2 cubes "Branch Target at Region Level" and "Branch Target Monthwise".
['IBP_CY(Qty)']=IF(ELLEV('Region_Branch_Dim',!Region_Branch_Dim)=0,DB('Branch_Target_Monthwise','IBP_CY(Qty)',!Branch Target Hierarchy,!sub_product_with_rac,!Version,ATTRS('Region_Branch_Dim',!Region_Branch_Dim,'RBName'),!Months),CONTINUE);

FEEDERS;

['IBP_CY(Qty)']=>DB('Branch_Target_at_Region_Level',!sub_product_with_rac,!Branch Target Hierarchy,!Version,!Months,'IBP_CY(Qty)','Total Of Branches');

I have written feeders for above.. but the value at consolidation of Year is not coming in my cube Branch target at Monthwise,But one strange issue is coming that is when Iam applying C: level to above rule then the when we enter the values at monthlevel manually for each months then again changing the C: to N: then again when the system is calculating automatically the cube value is consolidating properly.
Iam saying for what ever cell by doing a C: level and manually entering for that cell and againg changing N: level and when automatically system is calculating the value is coming correctly for consolidation also....But when user is not entering any valu then consolidation value is not coming.....This is very strange ....
Last edited by dilip on Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
rmackenzie
MVP

Re: Feeders problem

Post by rmackenzie »

Have you read this?
Robin Mackenzie
dilip

Post by dilip »

Can you please help me to write Conditional feeders for the above...I think this may be due to conditional feeders....Because I have written only simple feeders.
qml
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1 / Planning Analytics
Version: 2.0.9 and all previous
Excel Version: 2007 - 2016

Post by qml »

From your prior posts it would appear that you are a consultant charging for your TM1 services. The issue you are raising here is at a level of difficulty that a paid consultant should be able to resolve it without outside help. Your question would be better directed to people within your organisation who are there to help you develop your skills. Alternatively you might ask your employer to put you on an IBM or IBM Partner training course.

If the assumption that you are a consultant/contractor is incorrect, please make that known. Forum members are generally more willing to support questions at this level of difficulty from end users than from those who charge for their TM1 knowledge.
Kamil Arendt
dilip

Post by dilip »

I understand very well the difference between N: and C: level.I think the issue I might not be able to explain you or you would have not understand by reading my post...The issue is not as simple as that as it looks like...
I only want the conditional feeders for above.....because I have written only simple feeders for the above rule.can you Please Read it once again my post..

What is happening in my cube is that Only then it is working fine when the user is writing on the leaf level cells.... because when we have not written any value in leaf level cells the value is not consolidating properly..I think now you have understood issue now... or still if you not I will upload some document for you.
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by lotsaram »

dilip wrote:I understand very well the difference between N: and C: level.I think the issue I might not be able to explain you or you would have not understand by reading my post...The issue is not as simple as that as it looks like...
I only want the conditional feeders for above.....because I have written only simple feeders for the above rule.can you Please Read it once again my post..
But do you Mr Dilip understand the difference between free help, provided by people on a volunteer after, outside and in addition to work basis versus a paid for service. Presumably your employer is offering its customers a paid for service? It doesn't seem unreasonable that people might expect you to demonstrate some effort, and did I mention free help?
dilip

Post by dilip »

Hi,

I understand its a free help provider service and very thankful to you and your team and I cannot expect any answer to a given question which I have not tried Only the feeder for the rule which I have written above is not working properly...because the value at consolidation is not coming...but according to the rule it should come.
I only want to say that feeders which I have written for the above rule is correct or we have to write conditional feeders....Only I want your some suggestion I can try myself.
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by lotsaram »

If values are not consolidating then you have not fed the cells that you think you have. Therefore you have not written the feeder correctly and it is not "working". Conditional feeders will not help you, conditional feeders are only useful to further target the area to be fed and reduce over feeding. You need to first worry about feeding the cells to start with before concerning yourself with which cells to not feed. This demonstrated lack of knowledge does nothing to help your cause.
dilip

Post by dilip »

Thank You.
Actually what is happening is we have 2 cube Brach target at Region Level and Branch Target at MonthLevel and We are fetching the Branch data for Region level in "Branch Target at Region level" from from "Branch Target at Month" Branchwise dim The hierarchy in both the cubes are as In Branch Target Monthwise under DIM Branches under Total Branches LUD,BEN,KUN branches element is there But in Brach Target at Regin Level Dim the elements are as "GUJ+LUD" under GUJ+LUD the child level elements are LUD,BEN and KUN which is coming from Branch Target at monthwise dim But the value at GUJ+LUD is not coming...by using the above rule.
rmackenzie
MVP

Post by rmackenzie »

dilip wrote:Only the feeder for the rule which I have written above is not working properly...because the value at consolidation is not coming...but according to the rule it should come.
Dilip, because you aren't using the N: qualifier you are overriding the default additive nature of dimension hierarchies when using rules. You are saying that the consolidated intersections should use the rule as well as the leaf intersections. That's why I advised you to read up on the subject.

So, when you write feeders to the leaf intersections which normally would ensure the consolidated intersections to include the results, the action of those feeders themselves may have been invalidated by your implied C: level rule. Therefore, asking for help regarding your feeders is not going to help you with your problem.

Normally, people on this forum would be able to help with N: level rules where you supply any applicable rules and feeders, plus the cube structures of source and target cubes. When it comes to explicit or implied C: level rules, we would probably need to see the data within those cubes as well. Obviously, supply and analysis of this information is probably outside of what the members of this forum can look at, unless you are very lucky.

People are advising you to do research, or get training, because you are asking questions for which the answers aren't simply going to be provided as a result of other peoples skill, experience and goodwill. I hope you get the point I am making because as long as you keep asking really ambiguous questions then you will frustrated by the real help you are receiving.
Robin Mackenzie
dilip

Post by dilip »

I have already used N: level cell also but in that case also it is not consolidating......Im saying the issue is strange..because that cells when I make user enterable then in that case it is consolidating properly but again when I removed the cell with user enterable and it is calculated automatically it is not consolidating ...the weirdness is in case of when the cells are user enterable..but when the cells....
Wim Gielis
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Jedox
Version: PAL 2.0.9.18
Excel Version: Microsoft 365

Post by Wim Gielis »

dilip wrote:I have already used N: level cell also but in that case also it is not consolidating......Im saying the issue is strange..
How do you define "strange" in your world? You do not feed, or, you do not feed correctly. Can anyone be more specific than this? You have been pointed to this above as well.
dilip wrote:because that cells when I make user enterable then in that case it is consolidating properly
Obviously. You don't need a rule and feeders in that case. When exactly are your training days planned? Think I missed that.
You should be ashamed to ask money from people for this lack of knowledge and/or experience.
Best regards,

Wim Gielis

IBM Champion 2024
Excel Most Valuable Professional, 2011-2014
https://www.wimgielis.com ==> 121 TM1 articles and a lot of custom code
Newest blog article: Deleting elements quickly
dilip

Post by dilip »

I think Iam not able to explain it properly...This issue once more it was raised in TM1 wiierdness of TM1 rules working..Tats why I have written strange world.
I understand very well tat we don't have to write any rule for the cell which is user enterable.
I trying to explain the issue once more..I have a cube initially when there is no rule written in that cube all the leaf level cell is user enterable.in that user enterable.

I want that cell should be rule driven and pulled the value from some other cube but when the cube view for leaf level cell is empty i.e no value is there than in that case consolidation doesn't work properly after applying the rule. But as we put some value in the cube view or fill the cube view with some values then applying rule than in that case after applying rule value consolidates properly.
garry cook
Community Contributor
Version: Various
Excel Version: Various

Post by garry cook »

This thread has made my day :)
Gabor
MVP
Version: [2.x ...] 11.x / PAL 2.0.9
Excel Version: Excel 2013-2016

Post by Gabor »

Dilip,
a TM1 cube with a rule (and the word "SKIPCHECK" shown there) disables all C-Level aggregations until at least one underlying N-Element is not equal to zero.
All physical values have no problem with this behaviour.

A rule derived N-element does not fulfill this condition without feeding.
The feeding puts a dummy value in the background of a calculated cell to simulate a physical value, now the aggregation can work again.

If your calculated N-element is not rolled into a consolidation, your feeding is wrong!

Note:
You can see the result of such an unfed N-element, as long as all corresponding elements in the cube viewer are N-elements.
The result goes away, if zero suppression is turned on. It will appear again after successful feeding.

There is one thing, which is really different to the calc portion of a rule:
Once it is set, a feeder flag remains valid for that particular cube cell, even if you change/remove the feeder rule again.
However, it goes away if you unload the cube from RAM. A server restart has the same effect of course.

Therefore, you can't simply work on feeders, you always need to ...
1. Unload the destination cube
2. Apply your changes to the feeder rule and save again
3. Check your results in the cube browser

Also, you should not have "PersistentFeeders=T" in your tm1s.cfg.
This parameter creates static *.feeders files in your DB folder, which need to be removed before you go ahead and develop feeders.

As already mentioned from others, there is no magic, but knowledge is needed!
You should trust this assessment.
dilip

Post by dilip »

Thank you very much.. gabor ..Really I appreciate your answer..Tats Answer what I was looking for.

Tats what the issue was and you have understood finally......Thanks you once again Gabor..I think this will definately solve the issue.
Gregor Koch
MVP
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1, CX
Version: 9.0 and up
Excel Version: 2007 and up

Post by Gregor Koch »

So.... what was your issue dilip?
Which part of that answer were you looking for?
And with which part have you solved your problem?
Wim Gielis
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Jedox
Version: PAL 2.0.9.18
Excel Version: Microsoft 365

Post by Wim Gielis »

Gregor Koch wrote:So.... what was your issue dilip?
Which part of that answer were you looking for?
And with which part have you solved your problem?
You wrote down the words that all others were thinking, but did not write down. At least for me, that is how it went :-)
Best regards,

Wim Gielis

IBM Champion 2024
Excel Most Valuable Professional, 2011-2014
https://www.wimgielis.com ==> 121 TM1 articles and a lot of custom code
Newest blog article: Deleting elements quickly