Executive Viewer question... editing the Catalog Provider

amarx
OLAP Product: essbase
Version: 9.4
Excel Version: 14

Executive Viewer question... editing the Catalog Provider

Post by amarx »

My first post on the Forum, "Hello".

We are looking for a way to automate the conversion of our users in Executive Viewer by updating the the Catalog Provider tables directly. Does anyone have any experience with such a process that could lend some insight into how they were able to achieve this?

From what I see there are only a few tables utilized by EV many with unique ID numbers, '39c86248-2903-443d-af4a-219f5defa738' . I think I've narrowed it down to the "PROPERTY' and 'ACCOUNT' tables that would need to be updated I'm just trying to put the pieces together to avoid manually having to rename all the users in the systems.

Thanks for any insight you can give.

Adam,

Merry Christmas! :D
jim wood
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA 2.0.7
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: Executive Viewer question... editing the Catalog Provide

Post by jim wood »

Adam,

Are you connecting EV to TM1? Either way can I suggest that you post your question http://www.evusers.org/ as this isn't really an EV forum,

Jim.
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
Jimbo PC Builds on YouTube
amarx

Post by amarx »

Thanks for the reply Jim.

Funny you mention evusers, I've tried numerously to get registered but never have I received confirmation, would love to have asked the users on their forum the same question.

Anyone know someone I could contact since the signup form doesn't appear to be working.

Thanks again.
rfielden
Version: 9.5.2
Excel Version: 2007

Post by rfielden »

Adam,

I have posted your question on the ev forum and will let you know if any replies.

As a side note, posted on ev forum:

cubus, who was one of the best Temtec partners, has acquired the source code of Executive Viewer from IBM.

What does this mean?
EV is in the hands once again of a group of people who live and breathe EV and the surrounding technologies. Finally we can expect proper support and development with the usage of this fantastic technology. In other words: Executive Viewer is dead, long live EV Analytics!

I am really excited about this new opportunity for EV, and all of us who make use of it.

For more information check the cubus website and their press release: http://cubus.eu/news.html?newsid=66
stephen waters
MVP
Version: 10_2_2
Excel Version: Excel 2010

Post by stephen waters »

rfielden wrote: cubus, who was one of the best Temtec partners, has acquired the source code of Executive Viewer from IBM.
For more information check the cubus website and their press release: http://cubus.eu/news.html?newsid=66
The press release says "cubus AG and IBM signed an agreement allowing cubus to develop a new product based on Executive Viewer technology."
From the press release, it looks as though Cubus has not "acquired the source code" but just licensed the technology from IBM.

Does this mean that IBM will continue to bundle EV with Cognos Express in Advisor module? I had assumed they would do so until Cognos Insight was developed a lot further but maybe not...
amarx

Post by amarx »

Thanks for posting my question, I'm still not getting a single reply from the EV site not even the Administrator, any chance you could get a message to someone for me? Since we are users of EV being able to join the Forum would be a great asset.

Interesting news on the continued development on EV, I will keep my eyes posted on the site.

Any chance you would know if TM1 10.1 works with AD groups?

We currently are running 9.4, but moved to 9.5 to only learn there is a problem with AD groups and Shared Services. Just trying to find someone who can confirm that it works.

Thanks for information.

Adam,

rfielden wrote:Adam,

I have posted your question on the ev forum and will let you know if any replies.

As a side note, posted on ev forum:

cubus, who was one of the best Temtec partners, has acquired the source code of Executive Viewer from IBM.

What does this mean?
EV is in the hands once again of a group of people who live and breathe EV and the surrounding technologies. Finally we can expect proper support and development with the usage of this fantastic technology. In other words: Executive Viewer is dead, long live EV Analytics!

I am really excited about this new opportunity for EV, and all of us who make use of it.

lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x

Post by lotsaram »

amarx wrote:Thanks for posting my question, I'm still not getting a single reply from the EV site not even the Administrator, any chance you could get a message to someone for me? Since we are users of EV being able to join the Forum would be a great asset.
From what I know the EV forum was established by ex-Temtec people who have now all moved on to other things and the EV forum is if not dead then largely inactive.
jim wood
Site Admin
Version: PA 2.0.7

Post by jim wood »

lotsaram wrote:
amarx wrote:Thanks for posting my question, I'm still not getting a single reply from the EV site not even the Administrator, any chance you could get a message to someone for me? Since we are users of EV being able to join the Forum would be a great asset.
From what I know the EV forum was established by ex-Temtec people who have now all moved on to other things and the EV forum is if not dead then largely inactive.
You're not quite right there. They did indeed move on to other things when IBM bought EV but they did not leave the forum, it just takes them a little longer to reply.
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
Jimbo PC Builds on YouTube
rmackenzie
MVP

Post by rmackenzie »

amarx wrote:I'm still not getting a single reply from the EV site not even the Administrator, any chance you could get a message to someone for me? Since we are users of EV being able to join the Forum would be a great asset.
Have you tried the 'official' IBM developerWorks forums? EV morphed into 'Advisor' in the Cognos Express suite and was there, at least in the 9.4 version of that software and from the sounds of Stephen it is still there. I think they changed up the way the back-end was configured for catalogs etc so not sure if this is going to help with your question. However, you might be able to get more technical advice via that medium.
rfielden wrote:cubus, who was one of the best Temtec partners, has acquired the source code of Executive Viewer from IBM.
stephen waters wrote:The press release says "cubus AG and IBM signed an agreement allowing cubus to develop a new product based on Executive Viewer technology."
From the press release, it looks as though Cubus has not "acquired the source code" but just licensed the technology from IBM.
Sounds like an interesting development. EV brought some much-needed schmicketyness to the TM1 interface so maybe they will pull something out of the bag again.
Robin Mackenzie
stephen waters
MVP
Version: 10_2_2
Excel Version: Excel 2010

Post by stephen waters »

rmackenzie wrote: EV morphed into 'Advisor' in the Cognos Express suite and was there, at least in the 9.4 version of that software and from the sounds of Stephen it is still there.
It is still there (for the moment?). For versions CX 9.0 and 9.5 the Advisor module is EV. In CX version 10.1 the Advisor module combines EV and Cognos Insight.

My personal view is that, once Cognos insight gets a bit more advanced, EV will be dropped. That would be a shame because there is a lot that EV can do that Cognos Insight is unlikely ever to match. Howeve, given the overlap in functionality with Cognos BI I am surprised EV has managed to survive so long!