Restrict from Data spreading_pros and cons

vinnusea
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2
Excel Version: 2010

Restrict from Data spreading_pros and cons

Post by vinnusea »

Hi,
Our TM1 server is having mainly two cubes and rest all control cubes and few variables cubes..Our users not liking data spreading feature in TM1 web cube views. When they click on an consolidation cell in a cube view when opened in TM1 web and type a number and press enter the data is spread proportionally to all the leaf levels . They are new to use TM1 and scared about accidentally overwriting old values. (i know this is a very good feature TM1 is providing ) As our user request to avoid this accidents, I want to stop data spread from consolidations.

::This is not a good option but this is what i could think of right now...
I am thinking to log in as each user & write a rule/TI in "}Hold_username_SalesCube" cube by filtering all N level intersection and put 'H' . This will stop data spreading and still users can copy and paste numbers which is good. Will this affect my other TI processes that overwrites cube intersections with data from other versions.

Please advice me any better approach or if there would be any issues/best practices with this approach

Thanks in advance
Thanks
Vinnusea
rmackenzie
MVP

Re: Restrict from Data spreading_pros and cons

Post by rmackenzie »

See here. Applying read permissions to the consolidated elements is one possible solution although I didn't test it myself...
Robin Mackenzie
vinnusea

Post by vinnusea »

Yes , Giving Read access to C level and write access to N level of a cube intersection is doing the job. Typing into consolidations and spreading data is disabled. But not data spreading is disabled. Still if a user writes "p950" at C level then it does the data spreading ,which is fine for now.If a user writing data spread prefix before the number at Consolidations then he mean it. I can go ahead with security approach .Please update us if there is any switch which can be turned off to disable this feature.
Appreciate all for your time

Thanks
Vinsea
Thanks
Vinnusea
Steve Rowe
Site Admin
Version: TM1 v6,v7,v8,v9,v10,v11+PAW
Excel Version: Nearly all of them

Post by Steve Rowe »

I'm 99% sure that in previous releases C levels = READ blocked all forms of spread functionality.

If this is no longer the case then this a bug / change in behaviour / unintended side effect of recent enhancement

Not sure how far we would get raising a bug report.....
Technical Director
www.infocat.co.uk
vinnusea

Post by vinnusea »

Yes.Even after speaking to IBM they too suggested to put C level = Read in cell security cube.....Thank you everybody...
Thanks
Vinnusea