Current Environment

Discuss / promote job opportunities for any OLAP / BI tool here.
jim wood
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA 2.0.7
Excel Version: Office 365

Current Environment

Post by jim wood »

Guys,

Does anybody know how things are out there. We currently going through yet another resturcture: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7856119.stm and this time I feel a little bit nervous,

Jim.
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
Jimbo PC Builds on YouTube
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Re: Current Environment

Post by Alan Kirk »

jim wood wrote: Does anybody know how things are out there. We currently going through yet another resturcture: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7856119.stm and this time I feel a little bit nervous,
Damn, that's ugly. I haven't had the feelers out actively, but I've been keeping one eye on the lifeboats and the other on the icebergs since, like you, I don't feel 100% secure. From what I've been seeing the number of permanent positions has been dropping to very few, but the number of contract or consultancy positions is holding up reasonably well. But that's here, not the Ew-Kay, and we're likely to weather the recession a bit better than most countries.

My gut's still telling me that we're looking at signs of recovery in H2 of CY09, but I won't put money on it until I get the flux capacitor installed and find a place without speed cameras. (Since since 88 MPH = 141.62km/h, and that's not even legal in the Northern Territory since they abandoned unrestricted speeds.)

Hey, worst case? You get more time in front of WOW, and I finally get to conquer the whole of the Rome:Total War world.

Or the real one, depending on how bored I get.

I'll keep a couple of fingers crossed for you. (Or more likely toes, since crossed fingers makes typing difficult and tends to generate more TI code errors than I'd be comfortable with.)
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
John Hobson
Site Admin
OLAP Product: Any
Version: 1.0
Excel Version: 2020

Post by John Hobson »

Jim

Heard the news re Shop Direct - keeping my fingers crossed for you - it's a cold world out there just now !!
John Hobson
The Planning Factory
jim wood
Site Admin
Version: PA 2.0.7
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by jim wood »

Cheers Guys. I survived yesterday so that probably means I will still have a job for the next 3 months while the company goes through the consultation process. I do however feel that I may go then. Basically we have been looking at either Oravle or IBM for our corporate MI. If IBM is chosen then TM1 stays as the OLAP tool. If Oracle is chosen Essbase stays. They gave their presentations yesterday and IBM completly made a mess of it (Well actually Simpsons Associates made a mess of it). They gave the worse presentation ever. There is only one company in the running really now, which means Essbase stays, which probably means I will go. I am being trained on Essbase right now but my job title is TM1 Developer.
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
Jimbo PC Builds on YouTube