TM1 Web Auto Recalc not working

afshin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.5
Excel Version: 2003

TM1 Web Auto Recalc not working

Post by afshin »

Hi All,

The below is part of web.config setting and I would like to force an automatic recalculation of a
TM1 Websheet whenever the sheet is activated.

I have set the parameters as per below but when the user logs in for the first time it still shows as "automatic recalculation currently off"

<add key="UseBookRecalcSetting" value="true" />
<!-- If true, recalc will be performed each time websheet is activated, e.g switching tabs. -->
<add key="RecalcWebsheetOnActivate" value="true" />
<!-- Websheet Paging Settings -->
<add key="WebsheetPaging" value="Enabled=false;PageSize=100" />
<!-- Setting number of cells to fetch in each API call, value 0 sets to old behavior of cell value retrieval. -->
<add key="BlockFetchCellSize" value="0" />

I have done a iisreset and still I am unsure where I should look for further diagnosis.

I am running TM1 9.5.

Cheers
Afshin
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: TM1 Web Auto Recalc not working

Post by lotsaram »

Generally you SHOULD NOT CHANGE THESE SETTINGS UNLESS YOU HAVE A SPECIFIC REQUIREMENT OR SPECIFICALLY ADVISED TO DO SO BY IBM.

In particular setting BlockFetchCellSize to zero could have dire performance consequences as each value will be queried one cell at a time, not a sensible option!

The default websheet calculation mode is automatic calculation. Using UseBookRecalcSetting=True sets the calculation state of each websheet the same as the saved calculation state of the workbook when published. Thus if Excel was in manual calculation state when the workbook was saved then the websheet will be in manual calculation.

If you want websheet calculation to be automatic set UseBookRecalcSetting to FALSE. You can leave RecalcWebsheetOnActivate as True but you should set BlockFetchCellSize back to whatever the default value was unless you have specific issues with packet size on your network. if you have websheets with several thousand rows then it may be worthwhile playing around with the paging parameter.
afshin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.5
Excel Version: 2003

Re: TM1 Web Auto Recalc not working

Post by afshin »

Thanks Mate.

Also the default value of BlockFetchCellSize is 0 or atleast that's what the default install has done.

Please could somebody have a look and confirm this for the benefit of other members.

cheers