View Zero out

Atif.Hameed
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.1.4
Excel Version: 2003 SP3

View Zero out

Post by Atif.Hameed »

Hi this is my first post in this forum. I have scanned through most of the posts and have found some valuable information so Thank you for that.

I am a TM1 developer and I would consider my expertise at intermediate to advanced level.

My question is about Zero out views. I have a process that has a a zero out view. The data that I am trying to zero out is just base level data. I checked the usual if there was rule, consolidation etc and its just flat data that should clear out. when i run the process I see the record counts but the data doesn't clear. When I try clearing the data using the spread it clears just fine. Very Strange and Scary

Has anyone seen this before. Please let me know. Thanks.
rkaif
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: IBM Cognos TM1
Version: 9.1 or later
Excel Version: 2003 or later

Re: View Zero out

Post by rkaif »

There must be something which you are missing or not doing correctly.

Please read the following post and try to attach the TI Process here so that someone can have a look at it.

http://forums.olapforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1037
Cheers!
Rizwan Kaif
ajain86
Community Contributor
Version: 9.4.1 9.5 9.5.1
Excel Version: 2003 2007

Post by ajain86 »

Are you using the viewzeroout function? If so, then how are you getting record counts.

If you are looping through the view to get record counts, then are you assigning a blank or 0 value to all cells on the data tab?
Ankur Jain
Atif.Hameed
Version: 9.1.4
Excel Version: 2003 SP3

Post by Atif.Hameed »

Thanks for the feed back Gentlemen. I have been tied up with production and couldn't respond. I will look into you recommendation and try to follow. Thanks.