Error while opening Excel sheets in TM1Web

Radhika
OLAP Product: IBM Cognos TM1
Version: v9.4.1
Excel Version: Microsoft Excel 2003

Error while opening Excel sheets in TM1Web

Post by Radhika »

Dear All,

Recently we had performed upgradation of TM1 from v9.1 t0 v 9.5.1.

While opening a excel sheet in TM1 Web (v9.5.1)..we get the error message attached.

Operation Failed: System has encountered a problem while handling your request. Please try again.If you ke have trouble. Please contact the system administrator for any assistance.

What is really strange about this: One time we get the error message and the second time when we logout of TM1Web and re login again into TM1Web we do not get the error message vice versa.

Please advice us to reslove this issue.

Thanks & Regards,
Radhika
Attachments
TM1Web_Error.doc
TM1Web Error Message
(147.5 KiB) Downloaded 272 times
rkaif
Community Contributor
Version: 9.1 or later
Excel Version: 2003 or later

Re: Error while opening Excel sheets in TM1Web

Post by rkaif »

Apparently it seems that this problem is due to the ExcelReport.bin file. See the following link for more details and solution to the problem:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg21424873

Also make sure you bounce the Tm1ExcelServer service.

Hope that helps!
Cheers!
Rizwan Kaif
Radhika
Version: v9.4.1
Excel Version: Microsoft Excel 2003

Post by Radhika »

Thank you for the information Rizwan.

I had provided elevated access..but still I am getting the same eror message.

Regards,
Radhika
comma
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: 9.5.0 64-bit
Excel Version: 2003 SP3

Post by comma »

Radhika wrote:Operation Failed: System has encountered a problem while handling your request. Please try again.If you ke have trouble. Please contact the system administrator for any assistance.
I've seen this error message too, but for my case, it's in TM1 Contributor.
Every time someone tries to export more than 245 rows to PDF or Excel, they'll get this error message.

I've logged a case to IBM and they said that they have successfully replicated the issue and will create an APAR for this case. But I haven't heard from them again till now.
Windows Server 2003 Enterprise x64
Windows XP Pro 2002 SP3
Internet Explorer 7
tomok
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Palo
Version: Beginning of time thru 10.2
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010-2013

Post by tomok »

Radhika wrote:Operation Failed: System has encountered a problem while handling your request. Please try again.If you ke have trouble. Please contact the system administrator for any assistance.
That is basically just your standard error message with TM1Web, it doesn't really tell you anything. You will be able to get more information about the error by looking at the tm1web.log file but good luck with that, the messages can be pretty cryptic. TM1Web is extremely picky and will error out if almost any little thing is wrong with your websheet. Things that Perspective's can handle without bombing will often crash TM1Web. For example, let's say you have a DBRW formula in a cell that points to other cells for the dimensions elements, like DBRW(A1,A2,A3,A4) and A2 has a formula in it that may, in certain circumstances, result in a blank. If A2 actually turns out to be blank for whatever reason, Perspectives will handle that fine, the DBRW will just return nothing. In TM1Web that websheet will bomb and you'll get the error message mentioned above.
Tom O'Kelley - Manager Finance Systems
American Tower
http://www.onlinecourtreservations.com/