Function Percent Change in a TI?

Toto
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.5 Build 9.5.00100.2380
Excel Version: 2003

Function Percent Change in a TI?

Post by Toto »

Hello,

isn't it possible to use the data spreading method "percent change" in a TI-process? I only found CellProportionalSpread as a possible function to use in a TI-process.
I want to implement a top-down approach where the user types in a "3" in a cell an for the consolidated shown values the percent change method is executed.

The user should not use the function from the menu (right-mouse-button). Is there another way to implement this, or is it only possible with the TM1Api?

If it is only possible with TM1Api or the menu, is there a way to hide all functions except "percent change" in the pop-up menu?

Thanks a lot!

Toto
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: Function Percent Change in a TI?

Post by lotsaram »

Percent change is just a variation on proportional spread with some high level precursor arithmetic before doing the proportional spread.

Taking a cell input percent change and then applying the math to multiply against the starting value and then proportional spread is nothing that can't be achieved in a few lines of code on the prolog of your TI.

That is if you insist on this approach. Why not train the users to use spreading via the right-click UI or keyboard shortcuts? Easier for you and I would argue easier for the users also.
Steve Vincent
Site Admin
Version: 10.2.2 FP1
Excel Version: 2010

Post by Steve Vincent »

Toto wrote:I want to implement a top-down approach where the user types in a "3" in a cell an for the consolidated shown values the percent change method is executed.
Is this desired in a cube view or an excel based report? If its a cube view then TI won't help you - you cannot trigger a TI based on a users input. Depending on the model you could do it via rules quite easily. I have one where data is entered to a scenario and another scenario is rule created based on a percentage entered by the user as an attribute.

Why reinvent the wheel tho, the spreading options are perfectly fine as long as users are trained in the use.
If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator.
Production: Planning Analytics 64 bit 2.0.5, Windows 2016 Server. Excel 2016, IE11 for t'internet
Toto
Version: 9.5 Build 9.5.00100.2380
Excel Version: 2003

Post by Toto »

Thanks for your replies. The customer wants to have his actual application rebuilt with TM1, and it should be usable without any training.
I will have an excel-report published with TM1Web.

Thanks again,

Toto