How to apply to VBA updating of "In Spreadsheet browser"

Yukiya
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 102
Excel Version: 2010

How to apply to VBA updating of "In Spreadsheet browser"

Post by Yukiya »

Hello,

I've tried to automatically run a macro on Excel file with Macro which contains "In Spreadshee Browser".
At the moment, we have to press the cube button before running a macro, and we'd like to apply it into macro.

So, could you kindly tell me how to apply updating process into macro?

Regards,
Yukiya Ishimaru
LoadzaGrunt
Version: LoadzaVersions
Excel Version: LoadzaVersions

Re: How to apply to VBA updating of "In Spreadsheet browser"

Post by LoadzaGrunt »

There's not really a direct method of talking to the In Spreadsheet Browser via VBA. It is possible indirectly but if I recall correctly you can't invoke the object methods.

Active Forms are the new In Spreadsheet Browsers...
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Post by Alan Kirk »

LoadzaGrunt wrote:There's not really a direct method of talking to the In Spreadsheet Browser via VBA. It is possible indirectly but if I recall correctly you can't invoke the object methods.
I think you're right; I had some code that was able to manipulate ISBs to some extent which I tried to find, but it's from too long ago now. And if I recall correctly, it was too unstable for use in a production environment anyway.
LoadzaGrunt wrote:Active Forms are the new In Spreadsheet Browsers...
The only problem is that Yukiya is showing his version as 9.0SP3; that only has the dynamic slice, the primordial ancestor of Active Forms (which came in in 9.4).

(Must be a blast to use 9.0 with Excel 2007 too; all those lovely error messages. It works, but for any 2007 users here I put them onto Citrix so that they can use TM1 with Excel 2003.)
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
garry cook
Community Contributor
Version: Various
Excel Version: Various

Post by garry cook »

Apologies for the slight thread jack.
Must be a blast to use 9.0 with Excel 2007 too; all those lovely error messages
Hmm, I've done quite a lot of testing of 9.0 SP2 against 07 without having any issues (apart from the calc tree issue which is easily got round). What error messages have you seen Alan?

You've got me slightly worried now as planning on an upgrade of Excel before the upgrade of TM1 :?
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Post by Alan Kirk »

garry cook wrote:Apologies for the slight thread jack.
Must be a blast to use 9.0 with Excel 2007 too; all those lovely error messages
Hmm, I've done quite a lot of testing of 9.0 SP2 against 07 without having any issues (apart from the calc tree issue which is easily got round). What error messages have you seen Alan?

You've got me slightly worried now as planning on an upgrade of Excel before the upgrade of TM1 :?
Well oddly, it was the same error as was raised again this morning in this thread about Excel 2010.

I was conducting a training course in our training rooms where someone had gone ahead and installed 2007. I tried loading up the 9.0 tm1p.xla add-in anyway, and got the error about tm1.xla (sic; the older add-in that loads along with tm1p.xla) having lost its project. I'm not clear on what residual functionality the old add-in provides (I can see its methods in the Object Browser but don't know how many if any are still relevant), but whatever it is it didn't seem to affect any of the TM1 functionality that we used in the sessions. It was just an annoying dialog every time you start Excel.

Now that having been said...

I just tried to get the exact error from my (Windows 7) notebook, where I had also seen it before, but not since the last time I reinstalled TM1. (I don't generally use Excel 2007.) And... it didn't appear. Didn't appear when TM1 was loaded as an add-in, didn't appear when the add-in was disabled and tm1p.xla was opened manually. In the training room TM1 hadn't been installed on the machines; I was just picking up the add-in from the network share. Can't recall what the situation was when I saw it on my notebook, but I know that the last time I reinstalled TM1 9.0 on there I ran the installation as Administrator. That may have been what made the difference, but that's speculation on my part.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.