Administrator

Richard123
OLAP Product: Cognos
Version: TM1
Excel Version: 2007

Administrator

Post by Richard123 »

Hello guys,

I work for a company who has recently purchased Cognos TM1. There are two of us that have access to it, myself and my line manager.
We obviously have a consultant that comes in and helps us design, build cubes and write turbo integrator processes.

What I was hoping to find out from somebody who has a lot more experiance of Cognos Tm1 is...... What jobs would one need to be doing to class themselves as a Tm1 Administrator, if there is such a role?

For example I load, check and amend data in cognos, set up users and develop reports that are published via TM1 Web.

I also write simple rules within TM1.

Would this make me a Tm1 administrator or is there more to it, and would I need to complete a tests to become a Tm1 administrator.

I would also like to know what kind of salary a TM1 administrator should be looking at.

As i said I am very new to cognos hence the stupid questions.
rkaif
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: IBM Cognos TM1
Version: 9.1 or later
Excel Version: 2003 or later

Re: Administrator

Post by rkaif »

Please see the following URL (Course outline section). It lists all the task which a TM1 administrator is supposed to to

http://www-304.ibm.com/jct03001c/servic ... Code=P6505

But Admin role may or may not be limited to these - it really depends upon the company you are working for. But generally the tasks what Admins do are listed there.

Designing, building cubes, Rules and writing TI Process are generally the task of the TM1 Developer.

Salary - really depends on your Local TM1 market, your Global location and the company you are working in :D
Cheers!
Rizwan Kaif