Contributor: Cannot see Contributions in Application

dubs
Version: 9.4
Excel Version: 2003

Contributor: Cannot see Contributions in Application

Post by dubs »

Hi All,

I've been trying to get contributor to work and am having some problems.

I have set a simple cube and approval hierarchy subset with a dimension in that cube, I've set up a user & user group and ensured that the group can view and enter data into the cube using architect.

I then used the cube view and subset to create an application in contributor, it has validated ok and has been deployed and activated. I've also set the rights for the user group giving Submit rights to a leaf node in the approval hierarchy. I then open the application as that user and expect to see the Contributions folder with the cube slices in but I cannot. If I log in as an admin user I can see all the slices and the Reviews folder contains all the slices as well as the slices at consolidated level. I've tried everything I can think of but cannot work out why these slices wont appear when logging in to the app as a non-admin user

can anybody help?
ajain86
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.4.1 9.5 9.5.1
Excel Version: 2003 2007

Re: Contributor: Cannot see Contributions in Application

Post by ajain86 »

Have never seen this issue myself, but here is a thought.

What are the access rights for the Contributor folder in Cognos BI?

Have you tried to access this folder from the non-admin user?
Ankur Jain
Martin Ryan
Site Admin
Version: 10.1
Excel Version: 2010

Post by Martin Ryan »

I haven't used Contributor all that much, so may well be wrong, but my impression is that it's more or less a dumbed down version of TM1 Web and its main feature is TM1 workflow. The strength of Contributor is to deliver a fairly simple application to a large number of users. I don't think the applications folders come into it because they are not part of the workflow - which is the whole point of Contributor.

If you want to see folders then you'll need to use TM1 Web instead of Contributor.

(Happy to be corrected)

Martin
Please do not send technical questions via private message or email. Post them in the forum where you'll probably get a faster reply, and everyone can benefit from the answers.
Jodi Ryan Family Lawyer
ajain86
Community Contributor
Version: 9.4.1 9.5 9.5.1
Excel Version: 2003 2007

Post by ajain86 »

Martin,

You are correct that for the most part Contributor is just TM1 Web mixed with TM1 Workflow.

A Contributor application in the 9.5.1 version has 2 folders to show the planning nodes.

1) Contributions folder - this contains a list of all level 0 members in your approval hierarchy. They are just ordered in ascending order. It can be almost impossible to find the correct planning node if you have a large hierarchy. A user that only has access to enter data at level 0 can only see this folder.

2) Reviewer folder - this folder has the hierarchy in its tree structure. Much easier to find the planning node. This folder is only displaced for users that have access to any non level 0 member in the approval hierarchy.

From what I understand, dubs is having an issue seeing these 2 folders for the application when accessing as a non-admin user.

Ankur
Ankur Jain
dubs
Version: 9.4
Excel Version: 2003

Post by dubs »

I just written a longish reply but I lost my session on the forum and my post.

quick version- I couldn't get it to work so destroyed the app and rebuilt it and it worked

thanks for you comments and suggestions