TM1 Web Customize Skins

bjenkins
OLAP Product: cognos tm1
Version: 9.5.1
Excel Version: 2010

TM1 Web Customize Skins

Post by bjenkins »

Is there a trick to chance the skins for TM1 Web? I followed the instructions on IBM and changed the web config file but nothing seems to change when I open TM1 Web. Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks.
laenen
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.5
Excel Version: 2003

Re: TM1 Web Customize Skins

Post by laenen »

Do you want to post a screen shot? Are any areas changing? IBM has a policy that the header is not allowed to be changed
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Post by Alan Kirk »

laenen wrote:Do you want to post a screen shot? Are any areas changing? IBM has a policy that the header is not allowed to be changed
Out of curiosity, what's the definition of "the header"? I haven't used Web for a while but I recall that most parts of the display could be changed, including the links at the top such as the "Analyze" one to EV. It was easier when there was a readily available Customizer tool, but some under the hood work could change what Customizer couldn't. Of course I haven't used Web with 9.5 yet.

(And why do I feel a sudden compulsion to fire up Web again and create a hack which makes exactly that change... :twisted: )
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
laenen
Version: 9.5
Excel Version: 2003

Post by laenen »

APAR PM20242
Skin Support not working in TM1Web 951

Changing the web.config "CustomStyle" parameter to activate a new custom style sheet (.css) is not working under 9.5.1 (as documented in the TM1Web PDF, Ch 7).

Note: both new custom skins, and the predefined skins that ship with TM1Web do not work.

-