Can 2 Servers use Different ways of Authentication Sercuity

vinnusea
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2
Excel Version: 2010

Can 2 Servers use Different ways of Authentication Sercuity

Post by vinnusea »

We have 2 servers one is using LDAP ( Active Directroy) and a new server need to have Cognos Authentication. IS that possible to have 2 servers with Diff Authentication?.
Thanks
Vinnusea
tomok
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Palo
Version: Beginning of time thru 10.2
Excel Version: 2003-2007-2010-2013

Re: Can 2 Servers use Different ways of Authentication Sercu

Post by tomok »

Yes, the settings that control the security setup are in the TM1S.cfg file and each server has it's own. I have had occasions where I've had a server running TM1 authentication, another running C8 security and another running NT authentication (single sign-on) all on the same box. The one caveat is that if you choose to run TM1Web on the same box you'll have to manually add two more TM1 web sites because TM1Web can only do one type of security at a time. Instructions on how to do this are not in the documentation so you're on your own but it can work because I've done it. Add a new directory under wwwroot for each security type, like TM1Web_SS or TM1Web_C8, or something like that, and then copy in all the folders and files from TM1Web to those two new folders. Then you go out in IIS Manager and give those new folders the same settings that are in TM1Web. Then you can modify the web settings in Web.config to use the desired TM1 security.
Tom O'Kelley - Manager Finance Systems
American Tower
http://www.onlinecourtreservations.com/
vinnusea
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2
Excel Version: 2010

Re: Can 2 Servers use Different ways of Authentication Sercu

Post by vinnusea »

Thanks for the advice. Yes you are right ....
Thanks
Vinnusea