Creating a cube from .cma file

Radhika
OLAP Product: IBM Cognos TM1
Version: v9.4.1
Excel Version: Microsoft Excel 2003

Creating a cube from .cma file

Post by Radhika »

Hi All,

We are unable to create a new cube from .cma file.

We are having a Data Server: xyz under which Market is a cube, now I right click on this cube and click " Export as Text data" , Market.cma is exported on my desktop. Now I want to use this Market.cma to create a cube in a Data Server: ABC.

How Can I create a cube using .cma file.

Please help me.

Thanks & Regards,
Radhika
Wim Gielis
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Jedox
Version: PAL 2.0.9.18
Excel Version: Microsoft 365

Re: Creating a cube from .cma file

Post by Wim Gielis »

Hello

Did you create a TurboIntegrator process, and if yes, follow the steps in the wizard?

That means, selecting the file as the Data source, identifying the variables and provide their "contents" (last column in the variables tab), and fill in the tabs under "Maps"? (not all will have to be filled in)

Wim
Best regards,

Wim Gielis

IBM Champion 2024
Excel Most Valuable Professional, 2011-2014
https://www.wimgielis.com ==> 121 TM1 articles and a lot of custom code
Newest blog article: Deleting elements quickly
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by lotsaram »

Radhika wrote:Hi All,

We are unable to create a new cube from .cma file.

We are having a Data Server: xyz under which Market is a cube, now I right click on this cube and click " Export as Text data" , Market.cma is exported on my desktop. Now I want to use this Market.cma to create a cube in a Data Server: ABC.

How Can I create a cube using .cma file.

Please help me.

Thanks & Regards,
Radhika
You should note that the cma file will contain the address of all N level cube intersections that contain data. However this alone is not enough to rebuild an equivalent cube on another server as the cma file contains no meta data, that is; the dimension names, dimension hierarchies, dimension attributes, dimension subsets and cube views.
Radhika
OLAP Product: IBM Cognos TM1
Version: v9.4.1
Excel Version: Microsoft Excel 2003

Post by Radhika »

Thank you all.
sivan307
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.5.1
Excel Version: 2007

Post by sivan307 »

Hello All:

So in such a scenario, is there a way to re-build the whole cube with the structure & also the data. How do we achieve this task of re-building a complete cube with the structure & data.I know we can either use a front-end replication or a back-end replication using a script( I just wrote one to replicate my cubes onto different servers). Just trying to understand different ways of re-building a cube. Also please correct me, We can also use the dims & cubes created in one server by copying the data file & pasting that in the desired location where we have the new server & re-start the server.

Thanks,
Sivan