Tm1 Development server

Abinaya
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.5.2
Excel Version: 2003

Tm1 Development server

Post by Abinaya »

Hi
I wanted to do some developments in the productions server that is already running. So I am trying to create a local server as a development server. First of all how do I create a development server which should be same as production server and Is that means that I need two Server licenses or need to spend additional money?

Abi
David Usherwood
Site Admin

Re: Tm1 Development server

Post by David Usherwood »

Taking your second point first, yes, a dev server costs money, unless you have one of the various flavours of 'all you can eat' licenses. For TM1 Enterprise, it's quite a bit cheaper than a full production license. For Cognos Express, there's no discount.

Technically, it's not hard to do, but you need to consider the above first.
Abinaya

Re: Tm1 Development server

Post by Abinaya »

David Usherwood wrote:Taking your second point first, yes, a dev server costs money, unless you have one of the various flavours of 'all you can eat' licenses. For TM1 Enterprise, it's quite a bit cheaper than a full production license. For Cognos Express, there's no discount.

Technically, it's not hard to do, but you need to consider the above first.
Thanks for the reply. In that case can we install a TM1 Perspectives custom Installation ('local server') and then copy the cube files from the production server to the local server data directory ?. I just need to do some test developments?

Abi
Abinaya

Tm1 Processes

Post by Abinaya »

Hi
How do you find the Tm1 processes associated with a Cube? Say there are hundreds of processes and many cubes written over a period of time by many developers and now you want to changes some of the cubes?

regards,

Abi