mce
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: Planning Analytics Local 2.0.x
Excel Version: 2013 2016

Cancelling View Construct

Post by mce »

Hi,

When you open a cube in Server Explorer and then select a view, it displays a pop up window allowing you to cancel the view construction if it takes too long.
Is there any way for the user to cancel loading the view
1 - when directly opening the view without first opening the cube in server explorer, as it does not display this pop up window in such cases?
2 - when loading the view through Excel, such as Slice or In Spreadsheet browser?

Thanks in advance for replies.

Regards,
Jeroen Eynikel
Community Contributor

Re: Cancelling View Construct

Post by Jeroen Eynikel »

I guess you could give them admin rights and allow them to cancel it over TM1-top. Not that I think this is such a great idea, but I guess it might be feasible if you limit it to some trusted and responsible end-users that know what they are doing.

Other than that you may want to set the maxviewsize lower than whatever you currently have it at, if you can do so without disabling users possibility to get views that they really want.

The best solution to me seems to be to teach the end-users about efficient cube browsing though. (Also make sure they disable automatic recalculculate. I would prefer it actually if you could disable the ability for automatic recalculate alltogether.)
mce
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: Planning Analytics Local 2.0.x
Excel Version: 2013 2016

Re: Cancelling View Construct

Post by mce »

Such features of TM1Top is available after version 9.0 SP2, and coincidentally this server has 9.0 SP1.
Comments on any other methods, if exists, would be appreciated.