Bringing Cubes in memory

rfed
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.4.1 9.5.1
Excel Version: 2007

Bringing Cubes in memory

Post by rfed »

The data in our cubes is reloaded on a nightly basis and it is not cached in memory, due to which there is a wait time for the first person who logs on to the server and opens any cube. It has been recommended that after the nightly data load is run, the data should be precalculated on a nightly basis. How can we achieve this? Is there a Ti function which can be used to do this job? Please let me know. Your responses will be highly appreciated. Thanks!!
Rfed
David Usherwood
Site Admin

Re: Bringing Cubes in memory

Post by David Usherwood »

ViewConstruct(cubename, viewname)
From our original tests, admittedly on a much earlier version, a browsing a view prebuilt with ViewConstruct wasn't _quite_ instant, compared to a view which had already been browsed, but it was a lot quicker with than without.
rfed
Version: 9.4.1 9.5.1
Excel Version: 2007

Post by rfed »

Thanks for your reply.

So, if I want to refresh multiple cubes, will I need to create a TI consisting of this function written for all the cubes with a default view?
I will need to run it as a chore after the data is done loading every night. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

RFed
Steve Rowe
Site Admin
Version: TM1 v6,v7,v8,v9,v10,v11+PAW
Excel Version: Nearly all of them

Post by Steve Rowe »

Hi rfed,

That's correct.

Test carefully though you need to make sure your hardware can handle all the cube in the server being precalculate. If you are on 64 bit that shouldn't be a problem.

Cheers,
Technical Director
www.infocat.co.uk