Version: 9.4
Excel Version: 2007

VB Error

Post by unicorn »

Hey,

When i'm connecting to Perspectives for MS excel, i"m facing this error-

Run-Time error-'2147467259 (80004005)':
Method 'OnAction of object' _'CommandBarButton' Failed

Can someone please guide me as to how to rectify this error?

Thanks.
Santiago
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: TM1 9.5
Excel Version: Excel 2003

Re: VB Error

Post by Santiago »

Hi,

I found this on the web but I don´t served:

Problem(Abstract)
When launching TM1 perspectives, the error message below occurs. The software was installed by an administrator. Other users which are login to this machine can successfully launch the addin.

Symptom
Runtime error '-2147467259 (80004005)':Method 'onAction' of object '_CommandBarButton' failed.

Cause
Could be a personal macro interfering with the TM1 menu creation, or an old configuration file getting in the way of the addin launch, or a corruption in the clipboard.

Solution steps:

Try the following:

1. Do a search for any tm1p.ini files. Remove them from their location and try again.

2. The problem is that TM1 is not able to create the menu for some reason in Excel. It uses the clipboard for this, so you could also check that there is nothing in your clipboard. You can do this by choosing the Office Clipboard option in the menu of Word/Excel and choosing Empty clipboard.

3. Look for and temporarily remove the personal macro file loaded at Excel start up. It should be in a path similar to:
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART
You may even need to delete the customization file Excel11.xlb, and let Excel create a new one on the next start up.

Keywords:

runtime error Perspectives commandbarbutton launch addin

Resolving the problem

Regards,
Martin Ryan
Site Admin
Version: 10.1
Excel Version: 2010

Post by Martin Ryan »

What version of Excel and Windows are you using? Are you possibly trying to use 64 bit Excel?

Martin
Please do not send technical questions via private message or email. Post them in the forum where you'll probably get a faster reply, and everyone can benefit from the answers.
Jodi Ryan Family Lawyer
Crystal
Version: TM1 9.4

Post by Crystal »

Hi, I am facing the same issue. I tried out the steps mentioned out there but no luck.

I am using 32-bit Excel 2003 on Windows XP Professional.

Could someone help?
emf
Version: 9.4
Excel Version: 2007

Post by emf »

Hi,

I had the exact same problem, and none of the solutions above helped. What solved it for me, was to reactivate the TM1 add-in, as it seemed to be deactivated.

Office-menu -> Excel-Settings -> Add-Ins -> Manage: Excel Add-ins -> Go… Then tick IBM Cognos TM1 in the list and press ok. Restart Excel.

Regards,
Emil

Excel 2007, MS Server 2008 64-bit
Santiago
Version: TM1 9.5

Post by Santiago »