daya007
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.5.1
Excel Version: 2003

Previous month

Post by daya007 »

Hi TM1 Gurus

I have a cube view like the foll

------------EAD(Current)----EAD(Forecast)
q1
---Jan
---Feb
---Mar
q2
---Apr
---May
---Jun
q3
---Jul
---Aug
---Sep
q4
---Oct
---Nov
---Dec

We have values for Ead(Current) and for EAD (forecast)they want to use previous month data. For jan 2010 u should have dec 2009 data(of Ead current), for feb 2010 u should have jan 2010 data(of Ead Current)

How can i do it with less rules, like i dont want to write rule for every month.Please suggest me the best way to do it.

Thanks
Daya
rkaif
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: IBM Cognos TM1
Version: 9.1 or later
Excel Version: 2003 or later

Re: Previous month

Post by rkaif »

The following post will help you to do what you need:

http://forums.olapforums.com/viewtopic. ... 08&start=0
Cheers!
Rizwan Kaif
daya007

Post by daya007 »

My Problem here is....forecast is just previous month data, we dont need to do any calculations. how best we can solve this.
Please help...i am new to TM1
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Post by Alan Kirk »

daya007 wrote:My Problem here is....forecast is just previous month data, we dont need to do any calculations. how best we can solve this.
Please help...i am new to TM1
To be honest if (a) it's purely the previous month's values tha you need and (b) the previous month's values are locked down after end of month, I wouldn't even bother with rules; I'd just use TI to copy last month's EAD(Current) into this month's EAD(Forecast) after the actuals month has been closed. There's no point wearing both feeders and the calculation overhead if the values will be fixed anyway.

You could use a lookup dimension to get the elements using the DimIx function suggested in the thread that Rizwan pointed you to, but it would be just as easy to hard code an If block into the TI to look up the previous month (and previous year, if the current month is January). You could use parameters in the TI process to specify the month and year that you're copying, or calculate those from the current date.

I can go into more detail if you want, but it's academic unless this approach would work for you.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
daya007

Post by daya007 »

Hi thank you very much for the reply..I really appreciate the way u explained. I am a beginner and am not able to decode ur reply.
It will be very helpful if u could reply me in detail.

Thank you again
daya