Stop Automatic Excel data upload to TM1

Sewande@aol.com
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.4
Excel Version: 2003

Stop Automatic Excel data upload to TM1

Post by Sewande@aol.com »

Hi All,

How do I stop TM1 automatically uploading data from an input template? Everytime I open an old template while connceted to TM1, it automaticvally uploads the data even with my excel settings on manual. I want to control it by hitting a data submit button.

Please advise.
Wim Gielis
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Jedox
Version: PAL 2.0.9.18
Excel Version: Microsoft 365

Re: Stop Automatic Excel data upload to TM1

Post by Wim Gielis »

You could use IF functions to check if a certain fixed cell is Y or N, 1 or 0, whatever.

The IF then will have the send formula in the True part, the False part can be customized as well if you like.

Note that the file will not be smaller/faster after you add all the IF's ... (and that's an understatement)

Wim
Best regards,

Wim Gielis

IBM Champion 2024
Excel Most Valuable Professional, 2011-2014
https://www.wimgielis.com ==> 121 TM1 articles and a lot of custom code
Newest blog article: Deleting elements quickly
dymoy

Post by dymoy »

If it's executing when you open the template up, there's probably some vba statements that execute automatically. You want to disable some of these statements since that code will execute before you'll get to a test cell unless that test is also embedded in the auto-open code. Do a google on "auto run excel on opening" since there are a few different ways to access the code depending on the version of excel you're using.
Wim Gielis
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Jedox
Version: PAL 2.0.9.18
Excel Version: Microsoft 365

Post by Wim Gielis »

dymoy wrote:If it's executing when you open the template up, there's probably some vba statements that execute automatically. You want to disable some of these statements since that code will execute before you'll get to a test cell unless that test is also embedded in the auto-open code. Do a google on "auto run excel on opening" since there are a few different ways to access the code depending on the version of excel you're using.
Alt-F11 to get to the VBE.

Then, in the Project Explorer, search for your file. Expand the nodes below the name.

Within that file, either in the Workbook_Open event in ThisWorkbook, either in a separate module as an Auto Open procedure. In the latter case, and with many modules in the file, searching with Ctrl-F is much easier.

Wim
Best regards,

Wim Gielis

IBM Champion 2024
Excel Most Valuable Professional, 2011-2014
https://www.wimgielis.com ==> 121 TM1 articles and a lot of custom code
Newest blog article: Deleting elements quickly