TM1 9.5.0 server crash

comma
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: 9.5.0 64-bit
Excel Version: 2003 SP3

TM1 9.5.0 server crash

Post by comma »

Hi,

I've been experiencing several TM1 server crashes, and I still cannot find out what's the problem.
There's nothing listed in the tm1server.log, while in the TM1 Top log file, there're just 2 users accessing.

While in Windows Event Viewer, under the Application, I found this error message:

And under the System, I found this:

Has anyone else experience this error? Or anyone know how to isolate the problem?
I started the TM1 server a service btw.

Helps are really appreciated. Thanks
Windows Server 2003 Enterprise x64
Windows XP Pro 2002 SP3
Internet Explorer 7
rkaif
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: IBM Cognos TM1
Version: 9.1 or later
Excel Version: 2003 or later

Re: TM1 9.5.0 server crash

Post by rkaif »

How much disk space and RAM you have got? Make sure you have got enough disk space and RAM available to run your TM1 server

Have you looked at TM1Top and Perforamance Monitor?
Cheers!
Rizwan Kaif
comma
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: 9.5.0 64-bit
Excel Version: 2003 SP3

Re: TM1 9.5.0 server crash

Post by comma »

I have 64GB of RAM and 500GB of disk space, and most of them are still unused. So, I'm pretty sure the problem is not about the RAM or disk space.

I've looked at the TM1 Top log file as well, and the last messages before it crashed are function CubeCellSpreadViewArray (the time was 42 seconds) for one user, and OLEDBRowsetGetData (0 second) for the other user.

I have another case as well. For this one, the TM1 server is not crashing, but the process for one user is keep running and never stop until I cancel it from TM1 Top (I've seen it up to 2000 seconds). The function displayed was ViewArrayConstruct.

Both of my cases only happen when the users are using TM1 Contributor, while the TM1 Perspectives is working fine. Could it be because of the Contributor, since they just combined it with TM1 in this version?

As for Performance Monitor, what should I check from there? I know very little about that.
Windows Server 2003 Enterprise x64
Windows XP Pro 2002 SP3
Internet Explorer 7