Need urgent help on TM1 Cube

pka
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.5.1
Excel Version: 2007

Need urgent help on TM1 Cube

Post by pka »

I am very new to Cognos TM1.
Here is what I wanted to do. A simple cube with 3 Dimensions (Location, Customer, Dates). Each of these 3 dimensions were created with appropriate levels using TI process. Location starts at Global, Country, Region, Area, City,Branch. Where as Customers are divided into Type of customer, and sublevels under it until it goes into individual customernumber.
Dates go as Year,Quarter,Month,invoicedate.
I have a flat file extract which has invoicedate,customernumber,Branch (Please note it has leaf level data of the above 3 dimensions) and measures(Hours Billed, Billed amount etc) associated with them.
I imported this flat file as another dimension as measures (with all numbers as element type "Data").

I build the cube with the above 4 dimensions, no matter what I do the cells of the cube show "ZERO'S".

Please some one let me know what I am doing wrong.
First of all theoritically how does TM1 associate the 3 dimensions to measure dimension.
rkaif
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: IBM Cognos TM1
Version: 9.1 or later
Excel Version: 2003 or later

Re: Need urgent help on TM1 Cube

Post by rkaif »

You need to create a Cube with following 4 dimensions:

Location (Global, Country, Region, Area, City,Branch)
Customer (Type of customer, and sublevels under it until it goes into individual customernumber)
Date/Period (Year,Quarter,Month,Date. Where Date should be leaf level. Do not use the invoice date to create this dimension as Invoice date is only the date on which the transaction was made. But you need all the possible calendar dates in this dimension)
Measures (Hours Billed, Billed amount etc)

Once you have created a cube with these 4 dimensions, then you have to write a TI Process which loads Data into your cube. On the Variables tab, you have to define the Element variable types to match the Location, Customer and Date dimension. You also have to define the Hours Billed, Billed amount etc as Data variable type. On the mapping tab you also have to map these variables.

If you still have problems then I would recommend you to ZIP your TM1 database and your data source files and post here.
Cheers!
Rizwan Kaif