Contributor Application Out of Memory Error

alimurat
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10 2 2 FP3
Excel Version: 2010

Contributor Application Out of Memory Error

Post by alimurat »

We're getting an Application Out of Memory Error while trying to load a Workflow subset to a new application. The subset has 28000 elements, which could explain the error, but when we reduce the number of elements in the subset to reflect about 1000 elements we still get the same error. Any ideas, anyone? :?:
comma
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: 9.5.0 64-bit
Excel Version: 2003 SP3

Re: Contributor Application Out of Memory Error

Post by comma »

Hi Ali,

I've experienced a similar problem. In my case, I have two environments, development (using 32bit) and production (64bit).
While using Contributor in the development server, from time to time I'll get the Out of Memory error. But once we moved to production, such error never occurs again.

So, perhaps it's because of the limitation of 32bit machine in utilizing the RAM. The 32bit machine can only utilize 2 or 4 GB of RAM (I don't remember exactly), while there's no limit for the 64bit machine.

Hope it helps.
Windows Server 2003 Enterprise x64
Windows XP Pro 2002 SP3
Internet Explorer 7
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by lotsaram »

alimurat wrote:We're getting an Application Out of Memory Error while trying to load a Workflow subset to a new application. The subset has 28000 elements, which could explain the error, but when we reduce the number of elements in the subset to reflect about 1000 elements we still get the same error. Any ideas, anyone? :?:
Have you tried raising the MaximumUserSandboxSize parameter in tm1s.cfg? The default is 100MB (per client), if you have RAM available server side and are getting this error then this is probably the cause. However in reference to what you are trying to do it does not make sense to load a subset with 28,000 members! This is to big for users to navigate in any practical way and it would make sense to reduce this to a more manageable size.
alimurat

Post by alimurat »

lotsaram wrote:
alimurat wrote:We're getting an Application Out of Memory Error while trying to load a Workflow subset to a new application. The subset has 28000 elements, which could explain the error, but when we reduce the number of elements in the subset to reflect about 1000 elements we still get the same error. Any ideas, anyone? :?:
Have you tried raising the MaximumUserSandboxSize parameter in tm1s.cfg? The default is 100MB (per client), if you have RAM available server side and are getting this error then this is probably the cause. However in reference to what you are trying to do it does not make sense to load a subset with 28,000 members! This is to big for users to navigate in any practical way and it would make sense to reduce this to a more manageable size.
When you have security around the subset and each budgeter see only 100 to 200 elements it does make so much sense, but thanks for the response.
alimurat

Post by alimurat »

comma wrote:Hi Ali,

I've experienced a similar problem. In my case, I have two environments, development (using 32bit) and production (64bit).
While using Contributor in the development server, from time to time I'll get the Out of Memory error. But once we moved to production, such error never occurs again.

So, perhaps it's because of the limitation of 32bit machine in utilizing the RAM. The 32bit machine can only utilize 2 or 4 GB of RAM (I don't remember exactly), while there's no limit for the 64bit machine.

Hope it helps.
Both systems have 64 bit processors, but first one had only 8gb of rams vs the production server 40gb of ram. Initial load required 14gb of ram. That solved our issue...