Hiding Views in TM1 web from some

redwin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.4
Excel Version: 2007

Hiding Views in TM1 web from some

Post by redwin »

I am pushing out TM1 web to all of our Sales Reps, RSM's, and managers. One of the reports I am pushing out is the sales reps commissions goal sheets. They are paid quarterly, but they can see their progress throughout the quarter. Anyway, the report pulls from 4 different cubes. There is 1 particular cube that holds all the sales reps payout data, which is fairly sensitive. I also don't want to manage a ton of security, I thought by making the goal sheet pull up only the sales reps own sheet based on their signin would be good enough in preventing them from seeing other reps. If that worked then I wouldn't have to setup a user group for each of our reps (almost 200). I've just started using the web application of TM1 and found out that if a sales rep is crafty enough then they could go down to views and pull up other reps payout information. So I think I am stuck having to create a user group for each rep. Does anyone know if there is a way to give permission to a cube but yet at the same time not make it available in the views section of TM1web?

Thank you
Wim Gielis
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Jedox
Version: PAL 2.0.9.18
Excel Version: Microsoft 365

Re: Hiding Views in TM1 web from some

Post by Wim Gielis »

Hi Redwin

The webconfig file for TM1 allows to hide the node for views, if I'm not mistaken. Hence, if you set it up under the Applications, individual users will not be able to see the cubes and views.

Is this a viable solution?

If not, security is the way to go... probably using rules on the respective security objects to make the security variable. Normally I would create security groups for the reps, with a special character like # followed by a name or number. That way, a rule can easily spot that character in the security group name on (for instance as a prefix), and security can take effect on these groups. Or create a dimension for the reps, name the security groups alike, and test for a security group's presence in the dimension, or not.

Wim
Best regards,

Wim Gielis

IBM Champion 2024
Excel Most Valuable Professional, 2011-2014
https://www.wimgielis.com ==> 121 TM1 articles and a lot of custom code
Newest blog article: Deleting elements quickly
redwin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 9.4
Excel Version: 2007

Re: Hiding Views in TM1 web from some