'Error 188' using CellPutProportionalSpread Function -9.4fp3

Marc
OLAP Product: TM1, Infor PM Olap
Version: TM1 9.4 + Infor PM Olap 3-10.x
Excel Version: all

'Error 188' using CellPutProportionalSpread Function -9.4fp3

Post by Marc »

Hi,
I am trying to adjust some consolidated real values in my cube by using the CellPutProportionalSpread Function in TI. The formula looks like this:

CellPutProportionalSpread( NewConsol, 'Sales', pVersion, pYear, vMonth, pCountry, vBU, 'All Solution Groups', 'All Verticals','All Segments','All End Users', 'All Vendors', 'All Items', pClientGroup,'Top Down', 'Unassigned Rate', 'Booking');

The value 'NewConsol' has been read beforehands via CellGetN Function from an N-Level 'holding area' where users can write directly into:

NewConsol = CellGetN('Sales', pVersion, pYear, vMonth, pCountry, vBU, 'Solution Group NA', 'Vertical NA','Segment NA','End User NA', 'Vendor NA', 'Item NA', pClientGroup, 'Top Down' , 'Unassigned Rate', 'Booking');

This process unfortunately fails with the folowing errors: "Error: Prolog procedure line (98): Error with spreading, error type unknown = 188" (I am doing this in the Prolog Procedure Tab).

Funny thing is, if I hard code the value instead of using a variable then it works fine:

CellPutProportionalSpread( 2, 'Sales', pVersion, pYear, vMonth, pCountry, vBU, 'All Solution Groups', 'All Verticals','All Segments','All End Users', 'All Vendors', 'All Items', pClientGroup,'Top Down', 'Unassigned Rate', 'Booking');

can be spread down successfully.

I also checked/tried the following:

- add a value to the variable, like CellPutProportionalSpread( NewConsol + 0, ...) => not successful
- convert the variable back and forth: NewConsol = STRINGTONUMBER(NUMBERTOSTRING(NewConsol)); => not successful
- there are existing values in the target area, i.e. I am not trying to spread into empty cells, also not trying to spread 0.

Any idea what could be causing this error? We are on TM1 9.4 FP3.

cheers
Marc
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: 'Error 188' using CellPutProportionalSpread Function -9.

Post by lotsaram »

Sounds odd if it is working for a hard coded input but not for a numeric variable, what is the exact value of the variable you are trying to set the spread to and have you tried either rounding the variable or adjusting the Spreading Precision tm1s.cfg parameter? Does it also fail if executed from the Data tab?
Marc

Post by Marc »

Hi Lotsaram
Thanks for your reply! I am actually testing this with fairly simple values, I was trying to spread the value '2'. I found the function works fine when I delete all the rules in the cube, although I am sure no rule is touching the target area into which I want to spread (not even on C-Level).

Will try the function in the data tab next but it appears to me TM1 is acting pretty weird there ;).

cheers
Marcus
Marc

Post by Marc »

Hi
I found the problem, as so often it was in front of the computer, not inside (i.e. it was my fault) ;). In the source view I included with my regular BU dimension elements some elements which are filled via rules, so TI was trying to spread on rule calculated values, which cannot work. What surprises me a little though is that this was only classified as 'minor error' in TI while all the results of the prolog procedure seemed to have been rolled back, i.e. spreading was not even committed on those elements where it would have been fine. At least we know now what 'error 188' means...
cheers!
Marc