:evil:
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: Architect/Perspectives to be removed from PAoC

Post by lotsaram »

The reason may be a little bogus but it certainly won't lessen the user experience for Modlers/Admins. And bear in mind that PAoC RDP and Arcitect/Perspectives are only available for Modlers not the general user population who have only ever had Workspace and PAfE. From a model building and administration PoV what you can do now in Workbench is superior in pretty much every respect versus Architect (excepting the thick client cube viewer which just can't be beat). The only Architect/Perspectives feature I can think of which is still sub-par in Workspace is the transaction log analysis and rollback. And for anyone wanting a more Architect-similar (but better) experience there is always Arc.
Please place all requests for help in a public thread. I will not answer PMs requesting assistance.
MarenC
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: Planning Analytics
Version: Planning Analytics 2.0
Excel Version: Excel 2016

Re: Architect/Perspectives to be removed from PAoC

Post by MarenC »

And bear in mind that PAoC RDP and Arcitect/Perspectives are only available for Modlers not the general user population who have only ever had Workspace and PAfE
So it makes no difference to the general users right? Doesn't change their experience at all.

As for modellers and admins it takes something away, while adding nothing in return as far as I can tell. Though maybe in upcoming releases...

This is all packaged up as improving the user experience! It may make sense to move away for a number of reasons, user experience doesn't seem to be one of them as far as I can see.