Steve Rowe
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: TM1 v6,v7,v8,v9,v10,v11+PAW
Excel Version: Nearly all of them

PAfE Issue on Win 11

Post by Steve Rowe »

Hi,
We are seeing the following error come up in the web page when PAfE is trying to render the set editor or cube viewer.

Code: Select all

{
	"error": {
		"code": "AUTH_REQUIRED",
		"message": {
			"authenticate": {
				"location": "/login"
			}
		}
	}
}
This happens when client machine is windows 11, PAfE is 93 and 88 (not tested others), target PAW instance is 64 (so old) and the PAW site does not have a SSL cert (i.e. it's http).
This does not happen on the same client machine when hitting IBM Cloud, so PAW 93 and site has a SSL cert.
This does not happen on windows 10 machines with PAfE 93 and 88 irrespective of target PAW server.

Issue has been raised with IBM Support but just checking if this a known issue to anyone? Maybe some security feature of win 11 that blocks interaction non-certified sites?

Also get 4 errors generated in the PAfE logs, all broadly similar to the one shown below.

Code: Select all

Path: http://pawurl.com/evalservice/batch
Method: POST
Accepts: application/json;odata.metadata=none
POST DATA
{ "tokens" : [{ "host" : "", "type" : "", "id" : ""}], "workEntries" : [{ "type" : "FeatureLevel", "id" : "0", "args" : [""]}], "mappings" : [{ "host" : "", "server" : "", "datasource" : ""}], "guiTraceId" : "2c56b7bb-2227-4bec-b127-ddc5e2179eab.PAfE/2.0.93.6 (0); Excel/16.0.17231 (x64, Book2, Sheet1)"}

Error: Failed to deserialize request. Please ensure that the request is formatted correctly. Unrecognized field "host" (class com.ibm.pa.tm1.query.jsonspec.request.Mapping), not marked as ignorable (0 known properties: ])
 at [Source: (String)"{ "tokens" : [{ "host" : "", "type" : "", "id" : ""}], "workEntries" : [{ "type" : "FeatureLevel", "id" : "0", "args" : [""]}], "mappings" : [{ "host" : "", "server" : "", "datasource" : ""}], "guiTraceId" : "2c56b7bb-2227-4bec-b127-ddc5e2179eab.PAfE/2.0.93.6 (0); Excel/16.0.17231 (x64, Book2, Sheet1)"}"; line: 1, column: 155] (through reference chain: com.ibm.pa.tm1.query.jsonspec.request.RequestBlob["mappings"]->java.lang.Object[][0]->com.ibm.pa.tm1.query.jsonspec.request.Mapping["host"])
Response: { "errorMessage" : "Failed to deserialize request. Please ensure that the request is formatted correctly. Unrecognized field \"host\" (class com.ibm.pa.tm1.query.jsonspec.request.Mapping), not marked as ignorable (0 known properties: ])\n at [Source: (String)\"{ \"tokens\" : [{ \"host\" : \"\", \"type\" : \"\", \"id\" : \"\"}], \"workEntries\" : [{ \"type\" : \"FeatureLevel\", \"id\" : \"0\", \"args\" : [\"\"]}], \"mappings\" : [{ \"host\" : \"\", \"server\" : \"\", \"datasource\" : \"\"}], \"guiTraceId\" : \"2c56b7bb-2227-4bec-b127-ddc5e2179eab.PAfE/2.0.93.6 (0); Excel/16.0.17231 (x64, Book2, Sheet1)\"}\"; line: 1, column: 155] (through reference chain: com.ibm.pa.tm1.query.jsonspec.request.RequestBlob[\"mappings\"]->java.lang.Object[][0]->com.ibm.pa.tm1.query.jsonspec.request.Mapping[\"host\"])"}
Technical Director
www.infocat.co.uk
burnstripe
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: Planning Analytics
Version: 2.0.9
Excel Version: 2016

Re: PAfE Issue on Win 11

Post by burnstripe »

Personally I would recommend updating PAW, that's a big version difference and perhaps IBM had to implement something on the server side to support Win 11 clients
Steve Rowe
Site Admin

Post by Steve Rowe »

Thanks burnstripe sensible suggestion but we're in the awkward situation of migrating to IBM Cloud and need to have both Cloud and on Prem available for parallel run. Would prefer not to upgrade on prem PAW if possible as then we would have to UAT that just to get through the parallel run.
Technical Director
www.infocat.co.uk
MarenC
Regular Participant
Version: Planning Analytics 2.0
Excel Version: Excel 2016

Post by MarenC »

Hi,

Didn't the way PAX was installed completely change after PAW version 65, and don't IBM recommend that PAX should not be out of sync with PAW, something like within 3 versions?

Doesn't explain the reason why it works on windows 10 I know but I would be interested to see what IBM respond with.

Maren
Steve Rowe
Site Admin

Post by Steve Rowe »

Hi MaranC,
Yes I'm expecting them to say the combination of PAfE and PAW is out of range of their conformance statements, hence coming here for a solution.

Will keep the thread updated as and when I hear something.
Technical Director
www.infocat.co.uk
burnstripe
Regular Participant
Version: 2.0.9
Excel Version: 2016

Post by burnstripe »

Shot in the dark, but I know tm1 used to have a dependency on Internet explorer for authentication, with Windows 11, this is no longer there... and the old PAW is likely still requiring the legacy method of authentication.

I would try exploring option 4 in this link, adding the old paw link

https://uk.pcmag.com/migrated-3765-wind ... windows-11
Steve Rowe
Site Admin

Post by Steve Rowe »

Thanks burnstripe, good shout, I'll follow this up.

My understanding is that IE11 is not required anymore following the move to using WebView 2.0 for all the carbon pieces but there could be a miss somewhere. I'd also expect the log-in to the SaaS environment to fail as well if it was as simple as IE11 being missing. Nevertheless it's worth checking out.

Cheers
Technical Director
www.infocat.co.uk
wcoffen
OLAP Product: PA/TM1
Version: 2.0.9.17
Excel Version: 365

Post by wcoffen »

You might try editing the tm1features.json file by setting the r74_EnableWebView2ForAuth flag to false.

IBM talks about enabling WebView2 starting with PAfE 2.0.74 about a year or so after your PAW 64 came out, maybe PAfE has to be forced not to use WebView2 on Win 11 where IE is sort of deprecated (I found iexplore.exe buried at C:\Windows\WinSxS\wow64_microsoft-windows-i..etexplorer-optional_31bf3856ad364e35_11.0.22621.1_none_38924d3840be97e5 on a new Win 11 machine. IE is still kind of there.).

PAfE 2.0.90 and above default to WebView2, so your issue with PAfE 2.0.88 kind of pokes a hole in my guess. But it is a quick test. :)

https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/planning-an ... e-webview2