PAW Git repository integration Issues

tomicvedrana
OLAP Product: Planning Analytics Workspace
Version: 2.0.89
Excel Version: 365 MSO 64-bit

PAW Git repository integration Issues

Post by tomicvedrana »

Dear TM1 Community,

I am using PAW Version 2.0.86 and tried to use the newly introduced feature to integrate Git for Planning Analytics database objects.
During that process I have noticed a couple things that I'd like to address and get your opinion on:

- tm1project.json
This file is used to decide which Objects should be included and which ignored when committing/pushing to Git. In the new Git feature, where you can select what you want to commit over the GUI, many Control Cubes aren't included and there is no way to include them other than manually editing the tm1project.json (by TM1 API) right before committing the changes. This is hacky and surely not designed to work this way. Does anyone know the background why not all objects are considered in the GUI and if they plan to change this in the future?

- Deletion/Removal of obsolete objects
When pulling from a Branch to update my current model, objects that do not exist in the repository anymore are not being deleted in the model. Only changes and newly added objects are reflected in the model, which means that I still need to manually write down all the objects that I want to delete, then remove them manually. Any ideas how to accommodate this issue or if this will be improved in the future?

- Author
This might be an Azure DevOps-specific issue, but since I log in with an "admin" account to PAW and make my commits from that account, in DevOps the Author is simply displayed as "Admin" and doesn't provide the required information of who actually made the changes. Even though I provide an Azure E-Mail Address when prompted, but it's being ignored. Does anyone have any experience on this? I have not been able to find any info online.

Generally, I am missing a lot of documentation/information on how the Git integration process is supposed to work... With lots of trial and error I have now been able to make some sense of it, but it still feels very shaky.

Looking forward to hearing some inputs from the community and also those that have been using the Rest API and if you've noticed any differences.

Thank you !
Wim Gielis
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Jedox
Version: PAL 2.0.9.18
Excel Version: Microsoft 365

Re: PAW Git repository integration Issues

Post by Wim Gielis »

Same question in the IBM PA community:
https://community.ibm.com/community/use ... da2249b5e8
Best regards,

Wim Gielis