Turn off consolidated drilling?

lcnbs
OLAP Product: PAW
Version: 2.0.84
Excel Version: Microsoft 365

Turn off consolidated drilling?

Post by lcnbs »

Tm1RPTROW in PAfE has a parameter that you can use to suppress drilling on consolidated elements.

Is anyone aware of an equivalent setting (or MDX that would achieve the same result) in a standard websheet cube view, please?
An accountant having fun pretending to be a software developer

PAW 2.0.84
Wim Gielis
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1, Jedox
Version: PAL 2.0.9.18

Re: Turn off consolidated drilling?

Post by Wim Gielis »

lcnbs wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 1:26 pm Tm1RPTROW in PAfE has a parameter that you can use to suppress drilling on consolidated elements.

Is anyone aware of an equivalent setting (or MDX that would achieve the same result) in a standard websheet cube view, please?
Do you mean that you are using IBM PASS (Planning Analytics Spreadsheet Service AKA TM1 Web) and you have a view where you want this to be deactivated ? If yes I would go for element security.
Best regards,

Wim Gielis

IBM Champion 2024
Excel Most Valuable Professional, 2011-2014
https://www.wimgielis.com ==> 121 TM1 articles and a lot of custom code
Newest blog article: Deleting elements quickly
lcnbs
OLAP Product: PAW
Version: 2.0.84

Post by lcnbs »

Yes, TM1 Web (although PASS isn't a term I've come across before... has something rebranded?)

Using element security is an interesting idea, I'll have to try it out. I am trying to display the top and bottom levels of a three tier hierarchy so I would just need to make sure that hiding the middle parents didn't block access to the leaves altogether.
An accountant having fun pretending to be a software developer

PAW 2.0.84
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Post by Alan Kirk »

lcnbs wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:14 am Yes, TM1 Web (although PASS isn't a term I've come across before... has something rebranded?)
Planning Analytics Spreadsheet Services. Web was split off from the main installer into that way back in July 2020 in PAL 2.0.9.2: https://www.tm1forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=16128

(And yes, I'm aware that I need to get back to keeping that thread up to date.)
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by lotsaram »

lcnbs wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:14 am Using element security is an interesting idea, I'll have to try it out. I am trying to display the top and bottom levels of a three tier hierarchy so I would just need to make sure that hiding the middle parents didn't block access to the leaves altogether.
Whether this works using element security to block access to intermediate parents will depend on your MDX expression and version of TM1 server. In older versions security is ignored during MDX execution and applied to filter the final set of members. In more recent versions a stricter or more correct approach is used with security applied throughout the MDX execution, thus if the MDX references any members which the user doesn't have access to then the expression will fail and you would end up with a null set.
Please place all requests for help in a public thread. I will not answer PMs requesting assistance.