Loki419
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2
Excel Version: 2007 2010 O365

Error 1075 :

Post by Loki419 »

Hi

Has anyone seen this error in connection with TM1? The full error message is

Windows count not start the IBM Cognos TM1 Server / Server_instance service on Local Computer.

Error 1075: The dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion

When I check the Dependencies tab of the service properties there are no service or component dependencies listed. I set the service up from the cmd line run as administrator using tm1sd.exe -install -nNameOfTM1Server -zPathtoTm1s.cfgFile. I can still power up the server by creating a shortcut on my desktop with no problems.

Searched the IBM site and found this error associated with Impromptu but nothing related to TM1. Search of the web for error 1075 (not TM1 specific) suggests going into the registry. I am running this on VM and the only user so I should have no conflicts with any other users but get a little cautious when it comes to registry changes.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Loki
declanr
MVP
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: PA2.0 and most of the old ones
Excel Version: All of em

Re: Error 1075 :

Post by declanr »

Sounds like the admin server has been deleted from it mentioning dependencies.
Declan Rodger
Loki419
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2
Excel Version: 2007 2010 O365

Re: Error 1075 :

Post by Loki419 »

Got this resolved and not sure why what I did worked but figured I would share anyway

went to cmd line as Administrator and ran tm1sd -remove - server_name
Confirmed the service was no longer listed in the Services
Open Cognos Configuration, clicked on the Data Access -> TM1 Server
Right click on server_name and selected Start

Service fired right up. Not sure why doing it through config manager vs starting via cmd line gives different outcomes but the result at the end of the day is everything functioning as planned.

Thanks
Loki