Client properties cube not showing status

dubs
Version: 9.4
Excel Version: 2003

Client properties cube not showing status

Post by dubs »

Hi All

ive been looking into the IsUserLoggedIn VBA function. But couldn't get it to tell me i was logged in.

I looked in the Client Properties cube and saw that against my user id there was nothing in status- so i added "Active" and voila it worked- but i thought that cube would automatically be given that value when a user is logged in (as per the applix manual) but its not doing that- looking in security>clients>groups shows me as logged in but the client properties cube?

any ideas?

cheers
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: Client properties cube not showing status

Post by lotsaram »

For 9.1.4 and 9.4 series the ClientPropertiesSyncInterval parameter needs to be added to the server config file in order to update the client status.
dubs
Version: 9.4
Excel Version: 2003

Post by dubs »

excellent, thanks for this.
LeeTaylor1979
OLAP Product: IBM Cognos TM1
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2010

Post by LeeTaylor1979 »

Hi there,

Just completed my first upgrade 9.0.2 to 9.4.1 with success.

I do on the other hand have the Client Properties problem detailed in this post.

Can someone please just expand and let me know exactly what needs to be put in the .cfg file in order for me to keep track of who is connected.

Many Thanks

Lee
Alan Kirk
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA2.0.9.18 Classic NO PAW!
Excel Version: 2013 and Office 365

Post by Alan Kirk »

LeeTaylor1979 wrote:Hi there,

Just completed my first upgrade 9.0.2 to 9.4.1 with success.

I do on the other hand have the Client Properties problem detailed in this post.

Can someone please just expand and let me know exactly what needs to be put in the .cfg file in order for me to keep track of who is connected.
From the 9.4.1 Read Me document:
ClientPropertiesSyncInterval Server Parameter
TM1 9.4 MR1 includes a new Tm1s.cfg server configuration parameter, ClientPropertiesSyncInterval.

This parameter lets you define the frequency (in seconds) at which client properties are updated in the }ClientProperties control cube.

Setting ClientPropertiesSyncInterval
ClientPropertiesSyncInterval is not included as part of a standard the Tm1s.cfg file. You must edit the Tm1s.cfg file and manually add the parameter.

Steps
1. Open the Tm1s.cgf file in a text editor.
2. Add the ClientPropertiesSyncInterval parameter to the file and set at the desired interval. For example, to update properties in the }ClientProperties control cube every 300 seconds (five minutes), add the line ClientPropertiesSyncInterval=300 to the Tm1s.cfg file.
3. Save and then close the Tm1s.cgf file.
ClientPropertiesSyncInterval is a dynamic configuration parameter. It is applied as soon as it is added to the Tm1s.cfg file; there is no need to restart the TM1 server.
"To them, equipment failure is terrifying. To me, it’s 'Tuesday.' "
-----------
Before posting, please check the documentation, the FAQ, the Search function and FOR THE LOVE OF GLUB the Request Guidelines.
LeeTaylor1979
OLAP Product: IBM Cognos TM1
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2010

Post by LeeTaylor1979 »

All sorted.

Thanks alot.