Create a pick list

beber005
OLAP Product: Cognos
Version: 9.5.1
Excel Version: 2010

Create a pick list

Post by beber005 »

Hey every one,

I'm trying to create a pick list but I didn't success. Someone could help me by giving me a method to follow ?

Thank's a lot
declanr
MVP
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: PA2.0 and most of the old ones
Excel Version: All of em

Re: Create a pick list

Post by declanr »

What did you try? What sort of picklist are you trying to create (static, dimension based, subset based, variable upon other data input to the cube)?

As a starting point try the developer guide:

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/ctm1/ ... 23456.html
Declan Rodger
beber005

Post by beber005 »

First of all thanks for your response. I'm trying to create a picklist based on subset. I have a dimension named "RUBRIQUE" which has a list of measure ("Garanty","blabla",...). I have a cube with a dimension named "MEASURE", this one has a measure named "RUBRIQUE". I would like to put in this measure the content of my dimension "RUBRIQUE"
declanr
MVP

Post by declanr »

beber005 wrote:First of all thanks for your response. I'm trying to create a picklist based on subset. I have a dimension named "RUBRIQUE" which has a list of measure ("Garanty","blabla",...). I have a cube with a dimension named "MEASURE", this one has a measure named "RUBRIQUE". I would like to put in this measure the content of my dimension "RUBRIQUE"
If you had checked the developer guide link that I suggested you would have seen that you need to:
  • Create a string attribute on your measures dimension called "PickList"
  • In the picklist attribute against the measure "RUBRIQUE" put "Dimension:RUBRIQUE"
If you do want it based on a subset instead of the whole dimension, you should be able to elaborate on the above when viewed in combination with the developers guide.
Declan Rodger
beber005

Post by beber005 »

I have already read this guide. But your suggestion dosen't work. Maybe I do a bad thing when I create a string attribute on my measure.
declanr
MVP

Post by declanr »

beber005 wrote:I have already read this guide. But your suggestion dosen't work. Maybe I do a bad thing when I create a string attribute on my measure.
Is your measures dimension the last dimension in the cube? And is the element within it specified as a string element?

Also If you specify exactly what you have tried and exactly how it doesn't work you will get to the solution much quicker.
Declan Rodger
beber005

Post by beber005 »

Ok !!
First of all, I created a dimension "RUBRIQUE". In this one I have create a subset wihch one contains my entire measures. After that, I have created a cube named "PickList_NRE" with 3 dimensions :
- RUBRIQUE
- CUTOMER
- PICKLIST (this one is already created in my TM1's structure and it is already used by other cube)
In this cube I would like to write a rule to specify that my dimension "RUBRIQUE" contains a list of data. I used this formalism :

Code: Select all

['RUBRIQUE'] = S:
		'subset:RUBRIQUE:Rubrique tot'
;
But all this doesn't work
ioscat
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: Contributor
Version: 9.5.2 10.1.1 10.2
Excel Version: 07+10+13

Post by ioscat »

You ought to not create picklist cube manually. Create it with right click - create picklist cube

Picklist cube allows you to create a picklist for a cell. If you need to create picklist for a column (for a measure), you should use elementattributes cube
beber005

Post by beber005 »

Yes I want to create a pick list for a cell. Sorry if I did not express myself properly
ioscat
Regular Participant
OLAP Product: Contributor
Version: 9.5.2 10.1.1 10.2
Excel Version: 07+10+13

Post by ioscat »

picklist cube must be named somthing like }Picklist_CubeName
it should be created be TM1 when you right click some cube and choose "create picklist cube"
beber005

Post by beber005 »

Thanks a lot, I found the solution and I'll join you on what you say, this the solution. Here's a link to the next to be blocked : http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/ctm1/ ... 23456.html

Thanks to the community :D