How to Populate Cube thru T1 or other process

Jburchill
OLAP Product: Tm1
Version: 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2007

How to Populate Cube thru T1 or other process

Post by Jburchill »

Hello, trying to learn about how TM1 uses its code. I have a Merit Cube that holds the Merit % for Labor Grade levels by organization. When we run our month end process that cube gets wiped out and the Merit% is gone. There is a process that deletes the ORGs and then repopulates the ORGs to bring in new orgs if there are any. I don't want to stop that process. I am looking to write some sort of process that will re-populate the data. I would like to add an attribute to the Grade level dimension and have the process grab the data from there and then populate the Merit Cube. I'm trying to figure out how this is done and looking for some guidance.

1. Create attribute to hold %
2. Create TI process that grabs the % based off of Grade Level
3. Populate Merit Cube: The cube holds orgs, grade level and months. So I need to populate each orgs months based off of the grade level.

I'm new to TI, and this shouldn't be this difficult once I can grasp how things are done. Any help is appreciated.
Steve Rowe
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: TM1 v6,v7,v8,v9,v10,v11+PAW
Excel Version: Nearly all of them

Re: How to Populate Cube thru T1 or other process

Post by Steve Rowe »

Hi,
It's Friday and I'm about to log so I'll be brief.

Problem 1. " There is a process that deletes the ORGs and then repopulates the ORGs to bring in new orgs if there are any"
Check if this is doing a DimensionDeleteAllElements, if so you should flatten the structure instead (i.e. remove all the parent child structures in a while loop over the dimension). If DimensionDeleteAllElements is in place and you have an issue you can lose all your data stored against this dimension, of if an ORG is removed from the source you will lose all your data vs it.

Problem 2. Your data load is clearing more data than it is loading back. This means the target view for the ViewZeroOut is not defined correctly. Change the subset in the view so the dimension with "Merit %" excludes this member.

Problem 3. How to get Merit % back. Your approach seems sound, it's up for debate if step 3 would be better done with a rule, probably driven by if there is any expectation of Merit % changing over time and how it is used once it is "in" the target cube.

Appreciate I've not given you any actual help....but you have more problems than the one you think you have....
Technical Director
www.infocat.co.uk