Cognos Disclosure Management

mukeshrajdass
OLAP Product: Cognos TM1
Version: 10-2-2
Excel Version: 2014

Cognos Disclosure Management

Post by mukeshrajdass »

I understand that CDM is now no longer with IBM or part of TM1 Planning Analytics - now called Certent Disclosure Management

A bit disappointed because it was brilliant when it came to generating an automated reporting package which multiple links to TM1 both tabular, graphical or individual fields in a comment. I have used it a fair bit for my previous clients. I now have a client that needs it and am not keen on going to another vendor plus licensing and costs...associated with new owners of CDM

I am pretty sure that i am not the only one with this issue. Has anyone generated an automated reporting package similar to CDM in PAW, PAX or any other alternatives that is as good as or similar to CDM ? When IBM got rid of CDM...was the intention to have the same capability in PAX or PAW or did they expect TM1 users to go to the new owners of CDM ?

Am i missing something ?

Appreciate your feedback on how you approached the problem of automated reporting packages...
lotsaram
MVP
OLAP Product: TableManager1
Version: PA 2.0.x
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: Cognos Disclosure Management

Post by lotsaram »

CDM still works very well with TM1 as a data source. If you think it would be a good solution then suggest it to the client. Whether to accept the extra cost and licensing versus the benefits of the software is their decision not yours.
Please place all requests for help in a public thread. I will not answer PMs requesting assistance.
mukeshrajdass

Post by mukeshrajdass »

You are right on that...but the client has indicated a preference to stick to a single vendor where possible....but have not ruled out completely.

However....if you did NOT have CDM....which approach would your recommend to be able to do full automated reporting package similar like CDM. PAW, PAX or something else.....I would think using the Contributor Plan feature in PAW linking several Excel input worksheet in PAW to a integrated Excel Output in PAW.

Unless you think otherwise....
Mike Cowie
Site Admin
OLAP Product: IBM TM1/PA, SSAS, and more
Version: Anything thru 11.x
Excel Version: 2003 - Office 365

Post by Mike Cowie »

mukeshrajdass wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:45 am Has anyone generated an automated reporting package similar to CDM in PAW, PAX or any other alternatives that is as good as or similar to CDM ? When IBM got rid of CDM...was the intention to have the same capability in PAX or PAW or did they expect TM1 users to go to the new owners of CDM ?

Appreciate your feedback on how you approached the problem of automated reporting packages...
Hello,

Since you're asking about automated reporting packages based on Planning Analytics / TM1 data you may want to take a look at the ReportWORQ post over in the Commercial forum.

Regards,
Mike
Mike Cowie
QueBIT Consulting, LLC

Are you lost without Print Reports in Planning Analytics for Excel (PAfE)? Get it back today, for free, with Print Reports for IBM Planning Analytics for Excel!
mukeshrajdass

Post by mukeshrajdass »

Really appreciate that Mike....will definitely look hard at this....Best input from this site...
vovanenok
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 2.0.9
Excel Version: Office 365

Post by vovanenok »

if you consider Google Workspace integration (Google Sheets/Docs/Slides ), then please look in the commercial subforum at TeamOne Google Sheets add-on for IBM Planning Analytics
----------
TeamOne Google Sheets add-on for IBM Planning Analytics
Let's connect on LinkedIn