Process with batch entry a value every second times

Palczan
OLAP Product: TM1 Cognos
Version: 11.3.0.27
Excel Version: Office 365 MSO 64bit

Process with batch entry a value every second times

Post by Palczan »

Hello Everyone,

i have a smal problem with process. When I would like to run the process with ViewZeroOut, I must run the proces one more time. Because the process entry a data every second times.

Code: Select all

#The bad process
Prolog
ViewZeroOut('Cube', '_ViewZeroOut Cube');

Epilog
dCommand='"C:\Program Files\ibm\SPSS\Modeler\18.2.1\bin\clemb.exe" -stream "E:\...\TM1 Stream.str" -execute -log "E:\...\TM1 Stream.log" ';
Executecommand(dCommand,1);
When I set two solo process, one with viewzerout, and second with script, everything is okey. Do You know what is bad?

Best regards
Kamil
PavoGa
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 10.2.2 FP7, PA2.0.9.1
Excel Version: 2013 PAW

Re: Process with batch entry a value every second times

Post by PavoGa »

I think what is happening here is the ViewZeroOut is contained within the transaction of the overall process; it does not commit until the process completes.

So, the command line operates in a different thread and actually performs its work (and commits its changes) with the master process waiting until it finishes. When the streaming task is finished, the calling process finishes and commits the ViewZeroOut, overwriting everything the sub performed.

You can test this by inserting a CubeSaveData before the command line call. This will commit the ViewZeroOut and I think you will then see the data as you expect.
Ty
Cleveland, TN
Palczan
OLAP Product: TM1 Cognos
Version: 11.3.0.27
Excel Version: Office 365 MSO 64bit

Re: Process with batch entry a value every second times

Post by Palczan »

Hi,

Thank for you answer PavoGa.

Now everything is okey. The process always entry data when I run a process.

The problem is solve.