sn@rav.no
OLAP Product: IBM Planning Analytics
Version: 2.0
Excel Version: MS Office 365

Planning Analytics, pick list cube and feeders

Post by sn@rav.no »

Hi,
I am kind of stuck and need help.
I have a cube which holds information about employees. I use pick lists for 80% of the information, where three of the elements are defined in a pick list cube and the rest are dimension subset picklists. The rules in the target cube are defined by links and virtual dimensions.

When I register a new employee with all the pick lists elements being defined, the numbers are not fed properly to the next cube.
If I then delete the content of one of the three pick list elements which is defined in the pick list cube and reenter it, all the numbers are fed properly.

Have you seen this behaviour before?

Regards,
Sven Norlund
Steve Rowe
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: TM1 v6,v7,v8,v9,v10,v11+PAW
Excel Version: Nearly all of them

Re: Planning Analytics, pick list cube and feeders

Post by Steve Rowe »

I can't answer your question exactly but you need to remember that a Feeder is an event that happens in the engine as opposed to a rule that defines the behaviour of a cell.

So if all the things that the feeder needs to know are not known when the event happens then the feeder will not fire (correctly).

The event is typically the feeder source cell going from empty to populated, unless you have the fire feeders on cell change set.

It sounds like you have a problem in this space.
Technical Director
www.infocat.co.uk
sn@rav.no
OLAP Product: IBM Planning Analytics
Version: 2.0
Excel Version: MS Office 365

Post by sn@rav.no »

Thanks for you reply Steve.

The interesting thing is that the one element/cell with pick list cube is given an input, but the feed won't happen before we empty the cell and re-enter the chosen element from the pick list.

Can you please explain what you mean with 'unless you have the fire feeders on cell change set'?
Steve Rowe
Site Admin
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: TM1 v6,v7,v8,v9,v10,v11+PAW
Excel Version: Nearly all of them

Post by Steve Rowe »

Hi,
There is a tm1 cfg ForceReevaluationOfFeedersForFedCellsOnDataChange. I don't think it applies in your situation since the initial feeder is not firing. I just mentioned it to qualify my statement that feeders fire when a cell goes from empty to populated.

Suggest you post the detail of what you are doing, i.e. rule and feeder statements and screenshots of cubes etc.

Cheers,

Steve
Technical Director
www.infocat.co.uk