Display the current date

Sleezy_123
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: 2.0
Excel Version: 2016

Display the current date

Post by Sleezy_123 »

Hello!

I want to show the current weeks in PAW. I have created an attribute for the element (for eg. 2018-04-01).

What should I do next? help a pal out.
Last edited by Sleezy_123 on Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jim wood
Site Admin
Version: PA 2.0.7
Excel Version: Office 365

Re: Display the current date

Post by jim wood »

Firstly I hope you created it as an alias? Also remember they have to be unique, so if you display the current date make sure it's for either one element or it's a post fix. Lastly you need to create a rule on the control cube. Then use the Today() function. If you check the reference guide there are lots of ways to format it the way you want it,

Jim.
Struggling through the quagmire of life to reach the other side of who knows where.
Shop at Amazon
Jimbo PC Builds on YouTube
Sleezy_123

Post by Sleezy_123 »

Hello,

Thanks for replying.

I had created a dynamic subset for my period dimension.
As shown, on the attachment,
I had created an attribute of '1' so that I could show the current week of the date.

I just started using rules. Hope you can help me out!

Thank you so much!
bgregs
OLAP Product: TM1 / Planning Analytics

Post by bgregs »

I'm sorry, but I'm really having a hard time understanding what you're trying to accomplish here. Firstly, (as per Jim's comment) you should have your "CurrentDate" attribute created as an alias, in your screenshot you have it listed as "Text". My second question would be regarding your "Num" attribute. What are you trying to accomplish with that? Are you just using this to flag the days you want to show in a dynamic subset? That would really defeat the whole "dynamic" side of things..... ;) Last but not least, if the requirement is for the CURRENT WEEK, why are you giving us use cases where you are flagging weeks in April? Is the requirement different, or are you just testing?

My recommendation is to look into TM1's date/time functions (Alan has posted some very, very good resources on this in the "General" tab of this forum). From there we can begin to look into possibly creating some MDX statements. This would be my recommended approach for generating a dynamic subset. You could potentially base the current week off of a rule calculated attribute in your "Settings" cube (as per Jim's comment below), but there are multiple ways to handle this.

Please read this: http://www.tm1forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=2441
And then this: https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgece ... ments.html
And then finally this: http://www.bihints.com/book/export/html/68