In pop up window - After successful login into Cognos BI redirect to c# application

kavitha2002
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: tm1
Version: 10.3.10100.8
Excel Version: 14

In pop up window - After successful login into Cognos BI redirect to c# application

Post by kavitha2002 »

How to redirect the BI cognos-cgi login page after successful login.

c# application for tm1web, login button am invoking the Bi Cognos-cgi, after authentication it is getting into IBM Cognos connection. But i want to redirect to c# application so that i can have the campassport to access the tm1 websheet and cube without giving user credentials.

Is it a right way of doing?? Or is there any other way to achieve?

Kindly provide me feedback/suggestions on this.

Thanks in advance.
David Usherwood
Site Admin

Re: In pop up window - After successful login into Cognos BI redirect to c# application

Post by David Usherwood »

Surely you should just implement IBM's approach to using CAM authentication with TM1:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg21958925
I find it pretty messy but it what the vendor documents and supports - and your approach seems even harder work.
kavitha2002
Community Contributor

Re: In pop up window - After successful login into Cognos BI redirect to c# application

Post by kavitha2002 »

Thanks for your reply.

I have already configured tm1 with Cam and Active directory as service provider that is working fine.

When i am logging into tm1web and tm1 server explorer, IBM Cognos BI login screen is popped up and logging in successfully.

My idea is, from the c# application i want to login to IBM cognos BI in order to get the campassport so I can pass the cam passport in tm1 web url api for opening the websheet and cubes in c# application without any further authentication.

Is it possible?? or is there any other way to achieve this??
paulsimon
MVP
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: PA 2.0.5
Excel Version: 2016

Post by paulsimon »

Hi Kavita

It is possible because at one client where they used a version of SiteMinder for authentication we brought in an IBM consultant to get the connection via CAM. However, it took him a few days to get it working. So yes this sort of thing is possible, but I am not sure that it is that well documented. I would try looking at the JavaScript API for Cognos BI or the TM1 Rest API.

I don't know if it will work for your case but from Perspectives you can use

Declare Function TM1_API2HAN Lib "tm1.xll" () As Long

Then this returns a handle to the connection that has been established when the user signed in to TM1. This works whether the server is using conventional TM1 Login or CAM. However, this may not work with TM1 Web.

Regards

Paul
kavitha2002
Community Contributor

Post by kavitha2002 »

Thanks for your reply.

I do have tm1 excel integration Vb.net application which uses tm1web cube. I dont have any idea of how to use this TM1_API2HAN Lib "tm1.xll" () use in vb.net.

Currently for login in vb.net app, am using resturl/ActiveSession/user - base64(username:Password:namespaceId) - for logging in.
kavitha2002
Community Contributor

Post by kavitha2002 »

Hi,

I found a solution which is a quick fix I guess.

Using cognos url parameter, http://server-name/cognos8/cgi-bin/cogn ... t/Homepage

This make the direct login into IBM Cognos without login page and redirect to my application, and IBM cognos itself setting the cam_passport in the cookie. So when i open the cube or reports its not asking for any authentication.

It this approach good to proceed?
kavitha2002
Community Contributor

Post by kavitha2002 »

I have come across :
https://it.toolbox.com/question/how-to- ... ers-010711 for the above approach
kavitha2002
Community Contributor

Post by kavitha2002 »

Thanks for all.

I have configured SSO in IBM cognos Connection, so TM1 web url api is opening without prompting for login in custom application. But When i does the logout in custom application, and login again , its saying

AA-AUT-0011

[X] Invalid namespace was selected.

I believe, that is because cam_passport is already set in the cookie. So showing this error.

What can i do to fix this problem.

kindly post your valuable comments on this.