Wrong namespace while connecting with CAFE

moraledalx
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: TM1 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2010

Wrong namespace while connecting with CAFE

Post by moraledalx »

Hello,

I am working on a TM1 10.2.2 FP4 environnent using integrated security 5 with cognos analytics 11.0.0.
Users don't use perspective nor architect but CAFE.

I did the update of cognos analytics to version 11.0.9 (to start producing BI report connected to TM1). Everything went smoothly but now in CAFE, when the login screen appears, i see "server/Planning Sample" in the Namespace field instead of seing the actual namespace.

I can connect in Architect, Cognos Analytics, but not in CAFE. Also i noticed that with this new version, the login screen is different while using arhitect (it's similar to the login screen when connecting to cognos analytics), but in CAFE it is still the same white with blue volute screen.

I checked the pmhub as well as the IBM cognos configuration against the production environment, i don't see anythink wrong there. I suppose CAFE is using some configuration file somewhere that is wrong but which one ? Any idea ?
mvaspal
Community Contributor
OLAP Product: tm1
Version: 10 2 2 - 2.0.5
Excel Version: From 2007 to 2013

Re: Wrong namespace while connecting with CAFE

Post by mvaspal »

maybe you have to change the BI URL, as described here?
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... wg21674395
3 - Select the com.ibm.ba.pm.resource.security.dictionary settings and set CAMGatewayURL to point to the Cognos BI Server gateway and CAMBIURL to point to the Cognos BI Server dispatcher URL.
As you can connect from Architect, I assume you updated the URLs in the tm1s.cfg file
moraledalx
OLAP Product: TM1
Version: TM1 10.2.2
Excel Version: 2010

Re: Wrong namespace while connecting with CAFE

Post by moraledalx »

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.
I followed the guide. Before the BI URL was not as stated in the guide so i changed it (even though it works fine in the production environment). I don't see the same error now.

So when connecting in CAFE to a TM1 server, I do see the login screen as i see it in architect (new cognos analitycs style), i try to log in, then it opens IE and on this URL:
http://<cognos_server_name>:9510/pmhub/pm/tm1/api/<tm1_db_name>/v1/cubes
and i am not conncted. If try to connect again it keeps doing this. I have restated both BI and TM1 application server but it didn't change the above behavior.

What do you think is it better or worse ? :|

Thank you for your support !